Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:10 PM

8 posts, read 17,310 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good large gym in the North Atlanta area. I am used to a 24 hour gym but that may be pushing it. Perhaps something in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area or even Buckhead? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
The best 24 hour gym is Lifetime Fitness...but it is expensive, and they only have locations in Sugarloaf, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, and Kennesaw. None of those are exactly convenient for Sandy Springs/Dunwoody.

There are two Workout Anytime locations near where you specified. I don't know how good they are, but the price is certainly right: Workout Anytime

Those are the only ones that I'm aware of. We don't have 24 Hour Fitness in this market.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM

425 posts, read 1,755,117 times
There is a lifetime fitness being built in Prado shopping center in Sandy Springs at the moment. Sometimes I visit the one in Sugarloaf but I don't particularly find it all that nice like some claim. It is big and it's got everything, and it also attracts those more interested in socializing over everything else. Not bad or anything but sometimes I like to be left alone like when I'm at the Concourse athletic club (but it is not 24/7 and no eye candy unless you're into GILF's).

Old 11-06-2011, 07:24 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenamy View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good large gym in the North Atlanta area. I am used to a 24 hour gym but that may be pushing it. Perhaps something in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area or even Buckhead? Just curious.
I was a member of Gym of Buckhead on Roswell Rd. for 5 years. It is a pretty good gym for lifting. Try it with their free five day pass.

Gym of Buckhead, Sandy Springs GA

If you want a really awesome hardcore gym there is Coffee's Gym in Marietta.

Coffee's Gym

Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,973,514 times
I go to Lifetime Fitness as well. I would second that recommendation.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:47 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
NRG, the Lifetime Fitness in Johns Creek is a lot better than the one on Sugarloaf. Same exact layout, but it's like a ghost town, it's always practically empty. You can do whatever you want to do without waiting and nobody is socializing. There are also a lot fewer disgusting people walking around naked in the locker room....but that's just a peeve of mine!

Are they really building that Lifetime Fitness at the Prado? That would be an excellent location for Sandy Springs. I heard, though, that it's going to be a diamond level club and cost over $100 per month. I think Lifetime is nice but already a rip off at $70 per month, what do diamond clubs offer to justify the extra $30?

Old 11-07-2011, 04:08 AM

8 posts, read 17,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
NRG, the Lifetime Fitness in Johns Creek is a lot better than the one on Sugarloaf. Same exact layout, but it's like a ghost town, it's always practically empty. You can do whatever you want to do without waiting and nobody is socializing. There are also a lot fewer disgusting people walking around naked in the locker room....but that's just a peeve of mine!

Are they really building that Lifetime Fitness at the Prado? That would be an excellent location for Sandy Springs. I heard, though, that it's going to be a diamond level club and cost over $100 per month. I think Lifetime is nice but already a rip off at $70 per month, what do diamond clubs offer to justify the extra $30?

$100 a month?!?!?! Ugh! I'm thinking home gym all of a sudden. I'd also like to know what is being offered for $100 a month! BTW...ATLTJL... Thanks for the suggestion on Buckhead. I'm going to check it out and see if I can find something in my price point there. Perhaps it's even worth it to increase my ceiling to live there. We'll see.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:32 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
American Bodyworks is 24 hr and only $20/month. Not sure if there's one in your area.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:32 AM

425 posts, read 1,755,117 times
Hi ATLTJL,
I don't really know anything about the Prado location being a diamond level club but you are right that $100 per month seems a bit like a status thing with a large dose of diminishing return. At that price range you are also looking at the concourse or the midtown athletics club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

Old 01-25-2012, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,718 times
Adrenaline Fitness recently opened a location in Sandy Springs. It's open 24-7.... Adrenaline Fitness - Atlanta, gym, health club, fitness center, crossfit, group fitness, personal training, yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, Les Mills, Bodypump, Bodyflow, RPM, Bodystep, Bodyattack, Bodycombat, Bodystep, Zumba 404-851-9400
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta