Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,219,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyte3k View Post
Okay, what if this was back in the early 20th century and the license plate said 'White Power', would you feel okay about that if you were of a different race?

There is nothing illegal about being racist, but making others who don't agree with your views advertise your beliefs is unacceptable. Take off your church hat for a second and put yourself in someone else's shoes.
That's why there's an alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
That's why there's an alternative.
But the alternative costs money and the God sticker does not. That's not acceptable. Nobody should have to pay a fee for not being religious. Nor should you have to pay a feee for being religious. Make both an option, and both free.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:25 AM

876 posts, read 2,278,839 times
It seems to me there are more important issues to worry about for our lawmakers.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:29 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Why not purchase an 'In God We Trust' sticker instead?

At least with a county sticker everyone can agree and say "Okay...I live in Fulton county...or Cobb county, or xxxxx county", but the same cannot be said with a blanket religions motto on your plate.

You can't point to everyone driving down the street and say... "He's catholic...she's baptist ... etc"

I agree with this and think the whole idea of paying extra for showing where you live is ridiculous. We pay based on what county we live in, we don't pay based on God. I am also not religious but am not arduously against faith, I am just not one who cares or needs religion in order to be a good person and don't think it is any of my business what other people do religious wise. I don't care about seeing the stickers but I don't want to pay for a sticker that does not represent me in any way. It's bad enough I have to pay for an ad valorem tax every yer for my tag let alone a sticker. IMO they just shouldn't have a sticker if there is going to be a controversy or they can just make all the stickers free and you can have a choice in which one you want.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:50 AM

43 posts, read 66,694 times
It should not be a requirement to have God on your license plate. I remember the state patrol petitioning to have the county sticker put on the special order plates (wildlife, spay/neuter, etc.) But this is ok? If they allow God on there then they should allow any and all other deity that people may or may not worship. People should be allowed to have 'In Allah we trust', 'In Buddha we trust', 'In Confuscius we trust' or even 'In no one we trust'.

Freedom of Religion does not necessarily mean we have to promote one over the other.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:51 AM

43 posts, read 66,694 times
Quote:
Why not purchase an 'In God We Trust' sticker instead?
this is currently an option for $1.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:09 PM

165 posts, read 484,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsmith1977 View Post
this is currently an option for $1.
Which should continue.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:13 PM

165 posts, read 484,182 times
Here is another thought...since a license plate if simply used for identification purposes, and serves no aesthetic purpose, why won't the state of GA simply have a plain plate with the letters/numbers... al la California, New York?

Texas even has a gorgeous plate:

Basically, I already don't like the whole overuse of peaches in our future plate design, and now this. Just make it simple. It can only be cheaper.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:14 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Why is there no OPTION on the currency you carry in your wallet?

If i were that opposed to the MOTTO, I would REFUSE to accept or deal with US Currency!

Old 12-27-2011, 12:19 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Why is there no OPTION on the currency you carry in your wallet?

If i were that opposed to the MOTTO, I would REFUSE to accept or deal with US Currency!
No you wouldn't. Settle down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta