Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:22 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,219,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyte3k View Post
Here is another thought...since a license plate if simply used for identification purposes, and serves no aesthetic purpose, why won't the state of GA simply have a plain plate with the letters/numbers... al la California, New York?

Texas even has a gorgeous plate:

Basically, I already don't like the whole overuse of peaches in our future plate design, and now this. Just make it simple. It can only be cheaper.
Simple plates do look better, in my opinion. If memory serves me, Georgia was one of the first to go the "designer" route with the 1990, orange-fazed tag. Texas took it to a new level, and now we have copy-cats doing the same thing. Our new tag looks like Georgia is Kansas, given the large fields in the design, and one in which the peaches look like pumpkins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 12:33 PM

225 posts, read 369,129 times
Quote:
Here is another thought...since a license plate if simply used for identification purposes, and serves no aesthetic purpose, why won't the state of GA simply have a plain plate with the letters/numbers... al la California, New York?

Texas even has a gorgeous plate:

Basically, I already don't like the whole overuse of peaches in our future plate design, and now this. Just make it simple. It can only be cheaper.
when did Texas change its license plates .. they just changed the current one a few years back..

Old 12-27-2011, 12:38 PM

165 posts, read 484,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
when did Texas change its license plates .. they just changed the current one a few years back..
Texas is piloting a new program where you can select dozens of license plates and design them somewhat online: MyPlates.com.

The plates aren't cheap, but some are kind of nice. Just gives you more choices than the standard state tag.

Last edited by nyte3k; 12-27-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-27-2011, 12:40 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,712,219 times
I don't trust anyone these days.............................

Old 12-27-2011, 12:40 PM

969 posts, read 1,959,647 times
There are many ways to express your faith without a government issued license plate... get a freaking bumper sticker or Jesus fish magnet if it is SO important to you. The rest of us should not have to pay extra because we don't want a religious motto on our license plate.

And I don't care about all the quotes you posted Stars&Stripes... this country was founded on freedom of religion and people came here to escape religious persecution... they didn't create "separation of church and state" for nothing OK.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:43 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,712,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
There are many ways to express your faith without a government issued license plate... get a freaking bumper sticker or Jesus fish magnet if it is SO important to you. The rest of us should not have to pay extra because we don't want a religious motto on our license plate.

And I don't care about all the quotes you posted Stars&Stripes... this country was founded on freedom of religion and people came here to escape religious persecution... they didn't create "separation of church and state" for nothing OK.

AMEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 12-27-2011, 01:00 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
So they sign into law, laws that take away patriotic freedoms that crap on the Constitution but want to put in God We Trust on tags?

God doesn't trust these politicians

Old 12-27-2011, 01:02 PM

225 posts, read 369,129 times
Quote:
Texas is piloting a new program where you can select dozens of license plates and design them somewhat online: MyPlates.com.

The plates aren't cheap, but some are kind of nice. Just gives you more choices than the standard state tag.
oh cool i didn't know that.. i do not like the new ones at all .too colorful.. so i would definitely be looking into that

Old 12-27-2011, 01:03 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Add me to the list of folks that refuses to pay extra for my County name, but in no way will allow this to remain uncovered on my tag. They can sue me.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:08 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I like the county name, but I also like having "IN GOD WE TRUST".

Why would anyone not want to trust in God?
Whose god are we talking about? The Christian God? Allah? Yvwh? What about the residents who follow the Hindu tradition? Why can't they put their own slogan on the tag? Why favor only one religion? What about those who don't follow any ... not a small number.

Questions abound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta