Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM

21 posts, read 53,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
What sort of bottom-feeding mouth breathers pay to watch this garbage? It is a sad commentary on our society.
What's even more foolish and sad is GROWN people who actually believe movies, tv shows, songs, etc can represent them. No one can represent YOU, YOU represent yourself.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% View Post
What's even more foolish and sad is GROWN people who actually believe movies, tv shows, songs, etc can represent them. No one can represent YOU, YOU represent yourself.
I never said they represented me. However, when there is a large portion of people who watch and support this garbage product, it does say something about our society as a whole. How can you dispute that?

Old 01-14-2012, 08:49 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,892 times
Quote:
I never said they represented me. However, when there is a large portion of people who watch and support this garbage product, it does say something about our society as a whole. How can you dispute that?
And that's different from garbage movies that have been supported from the beginning of time how exactly? Why are shows like Jerry Springer and Maury still able to hold prime time tv slots?

Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
And that's different from garbage movies that have been supported from the beginning of time how exactly? Why are shows like Jerry Springer and Maury still able to hold prime time tv slots?
They don't hold prime time TV slots. They hold day time garbage time slots. But regardless, who said this Tyler Perry trash was any different from that other trash?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:22 AM

183 posts, read 196,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
How is "Why did I get Married" and "For Colored Girls" garbage? Those movies are very well made.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
You can picked any type of mass-media entertainment that shows how dumbed-down American society is as a whole.

Listen to a good hour of Rush Limbaugh and believe me, your I.Q. will go down by at least 20 points.

Quote:

Old 01-14-2012, 12:59 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,105,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachcity View Post
How is "Why did I get Married" and "For Colored Girls" garbage? Those movies are very well made.
Half of the posters that are postings haven't seem even two Tyler perry films. what is garbage Daddy's Little Girls, The Family That Preys and etc.

Even the Madea films "Madea" is a stock character, Medea films and plays are not even center around Medea but her family members. In which there nothing stock about them.

Which bring me to my next point since when did Ernest or Kazaam becomes dramas? Tyler peery films comedy-dramas, in which lead toward drama more in my opinion because they touch very serious topics.

Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion Synopsis - Plot Summary - Fandango.com

Ernest Scared Stupid Synopsis - Plot Summary - Fandango.com

Kazaam Synopsis - Plot Summary - Fandango.com

Tyler's criticism comes from Medea being a stock character and his stories are all very dramatic while being often similar. Not the films are lowbrow or crap like that. I love the fact someone post a South park video trying to criticism Tyler Perry on class I'm mean south park really?

Old 01-14-2012, 01:27 PM

LOL @ those defending this trash. Is your bar that low that you consider these movies quality?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM

All movies, shows, songs, etc are NOT meant to be thought provoking. Its called ENTERTAINMENT. Some people need to relax, live and LET live.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
LOL @ those defending this trash. Is your bar that low that you consider these movies quality?
All of this is coming from a guy whose username is GTCORNDOG. HA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: