Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,839 times

Advertisements

Good idea to learn about different places as I only knew about a few southside locations. I might go in the future somewhere myself.

I remember this one near Forest Park, but it has been a long time since I was there:
http://www.rangeandguns.com/

I would guess the cost runs about $20-30 a person on average to go to a shooting range and rent a gun, buy ammo, and time? I don't even own a handgun right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 PM

4,222 posts, read 4,746,812 times
Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone!

I decided to go with Sharp Shooters because they allowed me to place a reservation. This was important because I wanted to do dinner afterwards and didn't wanna risk having to wait. I hope it's as fun as it looks

Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone!

I decided to go with Sharp Shooters because they allowed me to place a reservation. This was important because I wanted to do dinner afterwards and didn't wanna risk having to wait. I hope it's as fun as it looks
You will like it...well ventilated which is very important....the lanes all work...it's clean and very nice. Upscale as indoor ranges go. It is very well lit, solid rules and procedures for safety. They may try to sell you on lessons and if you do find you lke it, it is a good idea to get professional training somewhere. Get in ther before 1 and it is like $15 a heador something like that.....unlimited time so TAKE your time....buy your targets ahead of time at wally mart. If you are going to shoot 9mm or .22's buy your ammo and ear plugs at wallymart too.

You will need eye and ear protection. If you go to wally mart, you can buy some clear or yellow lens shooting glasses. I recommend yellow as they give vibrant contrast and you can use them outdoors in bright light. If not, get clear. Amber is a distant third and really is ideal only for sunny days....remington sells a kit of all 3 for $12 on sale. If you just show up unarmed, so to speak, you are going to get clipped for about $50-60 each before you finish an hour or two later...beware. Like all ranges, the ammo, targets, and eyes and ears are expensive. Bring most or all of it and it will only set you back $30-$40 initially but, going forward, you will own the ear and eye protection as well as have some leftover targets...maybe. Ammo will be bought each time so that's awash. Try a 9mm. Good start and the practice ammo is cheap....$10 or so for 50 rounds. Not bad...roughly a quarter a shot.

When you have more time, you can try the free public range in Banks county (about 50 miles one way) but, with gas being what it is??? Maybe you want to stick to sharpshooters....marksman in norcross is kind of a dump like parnells in woodstock.....the one in sandy springs is nice. Sharpshooters is probably the best for now...adventure outdoors new range in marietta/smyrna could be a hit and they sell handguns for great prices when on sale.....the january sales has some nice deals.....that or check forsyth pawn when they have sales.

Bottom line. Fun sport but, safety first. Careful, you might become addicted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta