Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2007, 12:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,160 times

Advertisements

We are in the process of moving from FL to mcdonough, GA. We were going to buy and then we decided to rent to get the feel of the area. We are business owner so job is not an issue. The hardest part is the area and the school , I dont know what to expect. I been to the school review web site and I read lots of comments in here too. I been reading about new Ola schools , but there are not apartment complex around that particular school district. If some can help me and give me some feedback on :

1. The good elementary school

2. A good apartment complex

3. Are there any apartment complex in Locust Grove?

Please help.... thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 10:42 PM

283 posts, read 1,193,737 times
Well my sister's children weren't hapy with the schools there but they have always been home schooled. Most of the other people, many the kids friends seem to do very well there though. Apts are nonexistant in the Ola school district as far as I know. It is fairly rural. Houses are generally much roomier for about the same price rental. Apts start around $600 for the worst ones you can find and by time you get to the ones most of us would like to consider what we are willing to live with prices are around $1000 and house rentals start around this point. Many of these homes brand new or nearly new as well. A 2 yr old home 3/2 approx 1800 sq ft in my subdivision of Ashley Trace rented for $1350 which is just slightly more than what your house payment would be if you have descent credit. These home are on 1-2 acres as well. Best of luck to ya and I really think you'll enjoy the area.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 AM

Thanks so much.. I been looking for apt for rent in that area and I notice that were none. I like rural areas. I think that Im going to like it there.

Thanks again for the information.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM

283 posts, read 1,193,737 times
Oh yeah I'm sure you will. It is one of those places that have all the convienences of both a large town and the simple pleasures of country life. Of course being so close to a major town you do have the inconvienences of traffic and such but that is easily overcome. Best of luck to you and yours.

As a side note, if you've already looked around at other towns surrounding ATL and made your decision to make McDonough your home then I know you won't regret it. But if you haven't looked around much, many towns around ATL offer much the same as the McDonough area. It really just gets down to finding the pros and cons of the area you really want. Bringing in a new business will fit great here because Henry County is currently growing the fastest. Other favorites of mine if you decide to keep your business in Henry and live elsewhere:
Fayette, Butts and Monroe
or if you want both in the same place:
Fayette, & Coweta
Many more are just as great on the northside of ATL as well but the traffic is more than I would be willing to deal with. If you want to know more about the northside I'm sure plenty of other members would be more than happy to advise.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:03 AM

129 posts, read 659,528 times
I agree with the PP, however we just moved OUT of Mcdonough b/c of our neighborhood and our school zone. There are wonderful neighborhoods and great schools in the area but definitely not all!

Most top rated schools you will find usually don't have any type of apartment rentals that will feed into that school.
So with that being said, I think that is wonderful and a great idea to rent first to make sure you do in fact like the area, with any area it has its pros and cons I would look into renting a house somewhere. Since it is soo hard to sell a house right now, ALOT of homes are turning to rentals. (That also brings with it pros and cons )
We loved Mcdonough when we first moved there,but unfortunatly for us we did not like the growth and direction it has turned.

Yes Ola has a very good reputation for schools and so does Union Grove. Locust Grove keeps getting new school too, I believe Unity Grove Elementary is suppose to be very good, not sure what the HS is tho.. The worst schools in that area from rumor AND experience are ANY school that feeds into Henry Middle and High.
I do belive tho alot has to do with where you are coming from and what your expectations are for your childs education. To some Henry High would be a great school from where they are coming from, if that makes sense?
We lived there for over 6years so if I can answer any questions feel free to ask and good luck with your move.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 AM

Thanks for your replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: