Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 06:59 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,571,048 times

Advertisements

Lil Scrappy moms is Atlanta representing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 12:36 PM

101 posts, read 307,108 times
Hip Hop in Atlanta is cool and it helps to feed a lot of people but it can't feed the entire city. I think Atlanta should concentrate more into embracing other industries as well such as Manufacturing, Technology and so forth. The lack of concentrating on other industries is what makes the economy in Atlanta bad with the lack of jobs. The show does do a good job at showing people that Atl is full of materialistic people which lots of people see it as. I think we can do better with the representation and oh I live here also.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:44 PM

616 posts, read 1,113,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Lil Scrappy moms is Atlanta representing.

Oh for sure. No doubt. That is killing me.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,641,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Honestly hip hop in it culture and style isn't doing anything innovative like it did in the 90s. All it's doing now is stealing swag from hipsters,scene kids, nerds and skaters. Then it's taking beats from the EDM world like dubstep and trance. No innovation.

SWAG???

The innovative phase of hip-hop died in the 90's. Everything since then has been recycled. Not sure if you can call today's "rap" music hip-hop.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
I just can't watch the show. When the intro came on with money flying and the stripper pole in the background...I was out. I think a better title for the series is: What will you do and put up with for money?
Very interesting. This is the capital of "making it rain" I dont think there is anything wrong with being a stripper, and Atlanta has many of them. The show does prove many of my theories about the Black Culture in Atlanta, predominately the Stevie J collection of females storyline. So on top of Atlanta Housewives, we now have this show.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne00 View Post
Hip Hop in Atlanta is cool and it helps to feed a lot of people but it can't feed the entire city. I think Atlanta should concentrate more into embracing other industries as well such as Manufacturing, Technology and so forth. The lack of concentrating on other industries is what makes the economy in Atlanta bad with the lack of jobs. The show does do a good job at showing people that Atl is full of materialistic people which lots of people see it as. I think we can do better with the representation and oh I live here also.
There was a message in the shows intro theme about how in Atlanta someone can go from a nobody to a somebody in day and once they become a "somebody" they have to fight to keep that "somebody" status. I watched it for experimental reasons. I think Ladies should really pay attention to that Stevie J guy....Atlanta has a lot of women and they mostly want to be pursued by that type of black man, my girl didnt understand why his main chick was being bought a house out in the sticks while he stayed in the city to "work at the studio" poor lil moth...

Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,965,555 times
What happens to the women when the looks start to go? What happens to the thugs when they hit 35? Not everyone will be Diddy or Jay-Z..

Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stationplay View Post
If anything hip hop has gone back to it's party music roots albeit sounding a bit different. These dudes don't be talking about anything but partying and being young. Let them be
I think people forget this part. Before political rap, before gangster rap, before D-Boy rap, before this current run of strip club rap, Hip Hop at its heart was party music. It was fun. It was about the showmanship and the experience. You didn't have to be "hard" to be authentic. People in the South Bronx at the time went to parties and got into the music to FORGET the 'hood life that was so pervasive at the time.

IMO, the problem with Hip Hop today is it takes itself too seriously. I am old enough to remember the golden age of Hip Hop (1987 to 1993). One of my best memories was dancing at my first middle school dance to Digital Underground's "The Humpty Dance". The beat was insane, the lyrics were good natured fun, and the dance floor was full. Hip Hop can find itself again. It needs to drop the "conscious" pretense and, at the same time, stop being so concerned about representing the 'hood. Everything that can be said about the 'hood has already been said in the 25 years since NWA came out of Compton. And after all that talking very little about the 'hood has changed. If we never hear another rapper rap about the 'hood life we won't miss anything.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
What happens to the women when the looks start to go? What happens to the thugs when they hit 35? Not everyone will be Diddy or Jay-Z..
I think they get jobs at Wal Mart, or so I've heard. I think too many average looking women are over celebrated on tv.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM

482 posts, read 945,398 times
I think Americans need to focus more on being competitive in the global marketplace and less concerned with the Kardashians, Hip Hop, Glee, Housewives, Mob Wives, Bridezillas, Bad Girl Clubs, Jersey's Shore. The whole lot of them are dumbing the country down while we lose our shorts on the stock markets and in the economy in general. SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta