Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 05:44 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Wow. Its a bad thing for someone to stand up for what they believe in and express it in a non-threatning manner. Amazing.

I had 10 chick-fil A spicy sandwiches today.
Ewhen my boss came in the office with all those bags of chicken sandwiches I was like what the hell going on??? Free lunch? Cool!
..then I come here & see it was just a response from people tired of the gay movement trying to bully peoplle into supporting their beliefs. I can see why people would start to get irritated with the gay movement. I think they need a different appraoch.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:44 PM

75 posts, read 204,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Overpriced maybe, junk food no. CFA is probably the healthiest fast food restaurant chain in the nation -- and that's fact. Don't let your anger or bias let you miss out on enjoying a really tasty grilled sandwich, salad or wrap!
Rubbish. Either that, or "healthiest fast food chain in the nation" is like being the best hockey player in Saudi Arabia. A quick comparison of nutritional impact of one meal: chicken sandwich, small fries, small diet Coke:

Establishment #1:
650 calories
30 grams fat
1,090 mg sodium
72 grams carbohydrate

Establishment #2:
740 calories
32 grams fat
1,525 mg sodium
79 grams carbohydrate

Establishment #1 = McDonalds. #2 = Chik-Fil-A. What's that about "...food is essential for life, therefore make it good" again?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
^ Might be because Chick Fil A uses peanut oil which has more fat than other oils. Also their chicken pieces are larger so if you get a fried one there is more grease and oil.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,994 times
Quote:
I wonder how many of you standing up for "gay marriage" are straight, because a lot of us who ARE gay have other things to worry about. Equal rights for all is one thing
Full stop. As far as the law is concerned, I think you ought to have the same right to marry the person you love as I do. That doesn't mean it's my only opinion or concern. I can have more than one!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,257,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Ewhen my boss came in the office with all those bags of chicken sandwiches I was like what the hell going on??? Free lunch? Cool!
..then I come here & see it was just a response from people tired of the gay movement trying to bully peoplle into supporting their beliefs. I can see why people would start to get irritated with the gay movement. I think they need a different appraoch.
bullying??? really???

So if I want to talk about going to the movies with my partner that is imposing my beliefs on somebody and bullying them or if I would like to gain federal benefits with a 75 dollar license versus 1000 dollar lawyer fees and mountains of paperwork that is bullying. Puh-lease.

If you don't like gay people and think its ickky then fine just say so. I can at least respect your honesty, don't try to blame others for your beliefs...own them.

Are some gay people a bit overzealous, or course, but a majority just want to live their lives in peace like everybody else and not have to see a lawyer and spend a fortune to draw up a 10 page document to will personal property to the person they spend their lives with

Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
I have to wonder: if government had gotten out of the business of tying marriage to every government benefit and tax break, how much of an issue would people make of Gay marriage?

Quote:
I wonder how many of you standing up for "gay marriage" are straight, because a lot of us who ARE gay have other things to worry about. Equal rights for all is one thing; gay "marriage" is a political hot potato code word that is stealing the limelight away from much more important issues.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,764 times
The Cult of Chick-fil-A - Forbes.com

Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,257,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I have to wonder: if government had gotten out of the business of tying marriage to every government benefit and tax break, how much of an issue would people make of Gay marriage?
Honestly, next to none. I just want the same benefits and tax laws applied to me without the legal hassels and expense of working around the current law. The religious part is for the church and they can do whatever they want, I really don't care.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Nope. I went to Wendy's for lunch today.
I do not support their stand for ugly redheads. Wendy's lost my business years ago.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:58 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
Quite honestly I don't think that the gay movement is bullying anyone in as much as it is the mainstream media(CNN, FOX, ABC, CNBC, CBS and their various smaller affiliates) taking a non-story and simply looping it over and over and over again ad nauseam.

Our America media truly is garbage. The "information" they provide is akin to mental junk food.

It's no small wonder why the average American is so ignorant to the ways of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta