Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 AM

101 posts, read 476,275 times

Advertisements

I'm a 31 y.o. professional woman (single) residing in a Houston suburb. I'm just curious about Atlantic Station area. What type of community is it? Income median, age, leisure activites, crime? Again, just wondering what is in the future development for this area.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 06:28 AM

371 posts, read 1,555,601 times
I like the area myself, often spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon there watching the football, it has a nice atmosphere, places to eat, a good Publix, cinema, gym. If I could find a place to live I liked there I would most likely go for it. They are building more office type buildings to the rear of the site at some stage with more plans for residential units.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:49 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,213,408 times
I really enjoy Atlantic Station. One of the few areas where you can walk around in a small area and be able to watch a movie, grab a beer, get ice cream, go shopping, etc. It is generally packed on weekends, and is a big African-American hangout as well.

ESPN's broadcasted from there during the Final Four too.
In terms of crime, there have been some murders in the area around Atlantic Station, but none at the property itself.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:33 AM

273 posts, read 1,755,424 times
I go to the Ikea there. They also have other major shopping, Target, and some upscale-looking apartments (I've only seen from the outside). Great for walking, everything you need is close by. Looks like a fantastic place for young professionals.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:47 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,112 times
Great place to live if you want it all within walking distance. La Fitness, Movies, Restaurants, Bars, Shopping all in a compact area. You can even take a nice job over to Piedmont Park or take a quick shuttle ride to the Marta Station to head to the airport or any destination that Marta rides to. Not too sure on the rents but I know the housing stockis kind of pricey. Worth looking into for sure.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 PM

9 posts, read 35,609 times
it seems to me it's a new haven for thugs

i will only go there once H&M opens and only during the day. i will not even see movies there at night.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,740,176 times
I like Atlantic Station between the hours of 9 and 5. Wouldn't spend too much time there after hours.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM

4 posts, read 21,717 times
It's ok during the day. I'm not sure I'd want to live there 'cause it's right next to the connector and all the car exhaust around that area {heavy heavy traffic area}. I had a shop owner tell me the crowd there gets a bit rougher acting after the sun goes down, but I've only been there during the day so I don't know. They do have an IKEA !!

Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,112 times
What is rougher acting? People hanging out having a good time at the many establishments there? I've been there plenty of nights(Geisha House, Strip, Rosa Mexicano, Ten Pin, Fox Sports Grill) and I've never had a problem. I think all these code words are a translation for = Too many Black people at night! Let's speak the truth here.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:18 AM

96 posts, read 405,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSigmaTheta View Post
I'm a 31 y.o. professional woman (single) residing in a Houston suburb. I'm just curious about Atlantic Station area. What type of community is it? Income median, age, leisure activites, crime? Again, just wondering what is in the future development for this area.

Thank you!!
It's smack dab in the middle of Atlanta right next to the connector, so it's convenient to proper Atlanta, not the suburbs. It's a planned community with an outdoor mall, a movie theater, chain stores and chain restaraunts, housing, apartments, lofts and condos. It's very prefab and although pretty and clean, it's missing character IMHO. I would definitely take out of towners there before Underground though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta