Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM

179 posts, read 378,617 times

Advertisements

I don't know anything about the area, but am considering moving there contingent upon a new job. Whatever you can infor me about : social, political, historical, etc i would appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 05:25 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,145,453 times
Just do a search for "peachtree city" - you will find more threads and information than you ever wanted.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 PM

402 posts, read 703,741 times
Golf Carts.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 PM

11 posts, read 14,171 times
Arguably the safest area in the Atlanta area. I would imagine a PC police officer to have a pretty kush job...

No real social scene imo, just an area for people to raise their kids and grow old.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 PM

11 posts, read 14,265 times
Naturally more information about yourself would be helpful. I live in Peachtree City and agree with the above answers. There are 90+ miles of golf cart paths and almost every house has a golf cart garage. For Georgia, it has some excellent schools, especially considering the home prices - it is a great place to raise kids. People that live here call it "the bubble" because it is somewhat of an oasis in the wasteland that is south of Atlanta. If you're under 30 with no kids in the plans, you may not find a lot to keep you occupied.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Tibbs View Post
If you're under 30 with no kids in the plans, you may not find a lot to keep you occupied.
Thank you for the fair warning!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Tibbs View Post
If you're under 30 with no kids in the plans, you may not find a lot to keep you occupied.
Good advice. But if you are around 30 or younger and the type that doesn't care to go to places to be seen, its not too bad. There are a few bars where you can actually have some fun.

Plus you have a decent chance to have drinks with some zombie killing SOBs.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM

541 posts, read 1,145,061 times
[quote=tikigod311;28961244

Plus you have a decent chance to have drinks with some zombie killing SOBs.[/QUOTE]

One of the assistant coaches' on my son's swim team was an extra on WD. He has just graduated college.

Their filming a promo spot at Glenloch rec. today. I drove thru parking lot curious to see where all the people were from. Most were Fulton, Dekalb and Gwinnett tags. I did not see one Fayette!

Old 04-03-2013, 03:31 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
PTC is a pretty hip and happening place right now. Two TV series (The Walking Dead, Drop Dead Diva) are shot there and a new ABC pilot is being filmed there right now. Just outside of PTC, in Fayette County, construction is about to begin on Pinewood Studios Atlanta, which will be the largest film / TV production complex in Georgia (and maybe the nation) when complete.

Yes, Peachtree City has good schools and everybody *appears* to drive golf carts (truth is only about half of HH have them). But it also has lots of great recreation amenities (if you're into that stuff), decent shopping, some good restaurants and as Tiki mentioned a fair number of bars. There's even an outdoor concert amphitheater that draws big-name acts. And there's plenty of crime to keep the cops busy, especially related to drugs and domestic violence. It's not the boring white-bread place that lots of outsiders make it out to be.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
PTC is a pretty hip and happening place right now. Two TV series (The Walking Dead, Drop Dead Diva) are shot there and a new ABC pilot is being filmed there right now. Just outside of PTC, in Fayette County, construction is about to begin on Pinewood Studios Atlanta, which will be the largest film / TV production complex in Georgia (and maybe the nation) when complete.

Yes, Peachtree City has good schools and everybody *appears* to drive golf carts (truth is only about half of HH have them). But it also has lots of great recreation amenities (if you're into that stuff), decent shopping, some good restaurants and as Tiki mentioned a fair number of bars. There's even an outdoor concert amphitheater that draws big-name acts. And there's plenty of crime to keep the cops busy, especially related to drugs and domestic violence. It's not the boring white-bread place that lots of outsiders make it out to be.

hmm but didnt you tell me not to consider it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta