Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM

3 posts, read 19,134 times

Advertisements

Our 2 yr old attended the school for a week and from the very first day the teacher started complaining us about her crying. To help her out in this we used to stay at the school and come in the class on and off to make her comfortable.But noticed that the teacher was intentionally not paying any attention to our child.she never liked to pick up our child when she used to cry and not even a single day she changed her diapers.We adressed the issue to the co-director and explained her that the teacher should try to comfort her rather than complaing us about her crying but it was never resolved insted we were suggested to take her off from the school. The school co-director seems to be a poor representative of the school not knowing school rules and regulations and damaging the school image for her own personal reasons for defending the class teacher.Having such a bad experience ,We finally moved our daughter out from the preschool. After paying nearly 500 bucks for a week school we realised that they are only in the business of making money and not helping children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 07:04 AM

27 posts, read 153,384 times
Default Atlanta's top schools

One site that is really helpful for schools is a local real estate site, but they went through and analyzed test scores for the top schools, elementary, middle and high school and ranked the schools. They also used those rankings and applied them to the feeder systems to come up with the top systems (elementary-middle-high). You can instantly see which homes are available in each school district and use that as your basis for further research. You can check it out Moderator cut: Please no advertising. Refer to City-Data ToS (Terms of Service)

Last edited by MB2; 10-13-2008 at 08:34 AM..

Old 10-13-2008, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,286 times
Exclamation Mabry Middle School/Lassiter High School - Renting a Home

I agree...Mabry Middle School has been great. We are now relocatiing to Florida and I need to rent out my home which is in the school district of Lassiter/Mabry.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

My home is a 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch on a basement. 2 car garage. Bamboo wood floors in the main living area and down the hall. Carpet in rooms...tile in kitchen and bathrooms.

I absolutely love this home, but unfortunately need to make a move.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I will probably start another post so that I can get all the information possible.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 9,996 times
Footballmom1 is a racist, under educated hick! She is well known for blasting black educators. Do not believe a word this woman says. Everyone is DCSS knows that she is insane! Mrs. Moton is a wonderful person. She is a kick ass leader who does not take any crap from footballmom1. I think a better name for footballmom is SERIAL MOM. The woman is whacked and obviously self medicates!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 9,996 times
Footballmom1-Would you like to buy a vowel? Can I get you hooked on phonics? It is obvious that your problems did not start at Lakeside High School. You have managed to earn yourself quite a reputation for showing out in public schools. What about the teacher you insulted at Henderson Middle? What about your use of profanity with support staff? You should be ashamed of yourself!

You hate black people and black leadership. The principal stands up to you and does not take your (*&^! Admit it! That is what you are mad about! You are angry because she is smart, and does not back down from pathetic losers like you. How dare you post The Real Truth-Lakeside High School! You hood wearing, poorly educated, trailer trash!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 05:43 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momatl View Post
Our 2 yr old attended the school for a week and from the very first day the teacher started complaining us about her crying. To help her out in this we used to stay at the school and come in the class on and off to make her comfortable.But noticed that the teacher was intentionally not paying any attention to our child.she never liked to pick up our child when she used to cry and not even a single day she changed her diapers.We adressed the issue to the co-director and explained her that the teacher should try to comfort her rather than complaing us about her crying but it was never resolved insted we were suggested to take her off from the school. The school co-director seems to be a poor representative of the school not knowing school rules and regulations and damaging the school image for her own personal reasons for defending the class teacher.Having such a bad experience ,We finally moved our daughter out from the preschool. After paying nearly 500 bucks for a week school we realised that they are only in the business of making money and not helping children.
Where are you? I might be able to recommend a preschool that would not treat your child so poorly. I really hate to hear a child's first experience in preschool being so negative!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 AM

1 posts, read 4,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
I've noticed that it seems the Atlanta thread gets much more "where are the neighborhoods with good schools" type of questions than many if not most other city threads. At times it seems like 40% of the inquiries are along the lines of, "I'm moving to Atlanta - where are the best neighborhoods and schools at?".

Perhaps those who are more web savy could compile a list of sites that rate the schools throughout the metro area, give test scores, and even show incidences of violence, as well as all the pluses. We could then compose a thread and just keep it at the top of the board titled, "Good schools thread - READ THIS FIRST". It would eliminate or reduce the repeats, and give folks a one-stop message with all the links they would need to get vital info.

Just an idea.
That is a GREAT idea - do you know if anyone has put that list together? I am going to be relocating to the Atlanta area soon as well and would love to learn about the schools in the area.

Thanks,

Old 12-15-2008, 03:51 PM

27 posts, read 153,384 times
Not an advertisement. As far as I know, this is the only school rankings available by feeder pattern. You can get rankings by elementary, middle and high school, but no ranking on the combined feeder pattern level.

This can be pretty important for those families who, for example, want Sope Creek Elementary School, but don't realize that half of it feeds to Dickerson Middle School and half feeds to East Cobb Middle School. By providing these rankings, the site provides some useful information that can't be found elsewhere. I always recommend that schools should not be chosen solely on their rankings, but it's certainly a factor that parents like to use.

So for those who would like to see school rankings for metro Atlanta Elementary, Middle, High School and Feeder Patterns, check it out.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmyrnaVinings View Post
Not an advertisement. As far as I know, this is the only school rankings available by feeder pattern. You can get rankings by elementary, middle and high school, but no ranking on the combined feeder pattern level.

This can be pretty important for those families who, for example, want Sope Creek Elementary School, but don't realize that half of it feeds to Dickerson Middle School and half feeds to East Cobb Middle School. By providing these rankings, the site provides some useful information that can't be found elsewhere. I always recommend that schools should not be chosen solely on their rankings, but it's certainly a factor that parents like to use.

So for those who would like to see school rankings for metro Atlanta Elementary, Middle, High School and Feeder Patterns, check it out.
I agree...knowing the feeder patterns is really the main point. A prime example is Sprayberry High School...Sprayberry's neighbors (Walton, Pope, Lassiter) are often prized, but a significant parts of the Sprayberry district are East Cobb's best-kept secrets. In particular, the following feeder patterns:

*1. Mountain View, Simpson, Sprayberry
*2. Kincaid, Simpson, Sprayberry
*3. Addison, Simpson, Sprayberry
4. Nicholson, McCleskey, Sprayberry

and also great...

5. Addison, Daniell, Sprayberry
6. Kincaid, Daniell, Sprayberry

and also good...

7. Chalker, Daniell, Sprayberry
8. Blackwell, Daniell, Sprayberry

"*" = phenomenal! (these areas are the Trickum Rd., Post Oak Tritt Rd., Sandy Plains Rd, Holly Springs Rd., Bryant Rd., East Piedmont Rd., and Allgood Rd. corridors. The Shaw Rd. corridor {Addison, Daniell, Sprayberry}, the eastern Blackwell Rd./western Ebenezer Rd. corridor {Nicholson, McCleskey, Sprayberry}, and the Morgan Rd./Kincaid Rd. area {Addison/Kincaid, Daniell, Sprayberry} are also very nice!)

-> Simpson Middle, consistently one of the top-rated middle schools in the metro area, feeds about 40%-45% of its population to Sprayberry.

Last edited by aries4118; 12-16-2008 at 12:50 PM..

Old 12-22-2008, 09:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Atlanta and area is full of best kept secrets. Many of the districts don't get as much attention yet the kids thrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta