Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:17 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,441 times

Advertisements

Lol at those who think throwing money at schools will fix education. There is not a money problem with our education system. There is a parental responsibility problem with our education system. Throwing money at the 'problem' will do nothing but provide even nicer schools for our states students to fail in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 11:20 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Lol at those who think throwing money at schools will fix education. There is not a money problem with our education system. There is a parental responsibility problem with our education system. Throwing money at the 'problem' will do nothing but provide even nicer schools for our states students to fail in.
For once I agree with you.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:23 AM

87 posts, read 121,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
So basically, fill the streets with homeless... More homeless...

Real nice (and ~caring~)

Ever consider that "undesirable" is an opinion, and YOU are someone else's "undesirable?" Yes, it's true... Someone also is not pleased with having to see YOU.......
Okay if they don't want to leave, they can be run through a wood-chipper and used for hog-feed.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:28 AM

630 posts, read 1,265,220 times
1) designate more state parks in Georgia and try to create a national park somewhere up in the mountains. I think it's really important to preserve Georgia's natural beauty. Plus, national parks bring in lots of tourists.

2) Create more vocational high schools where students not on a college track can learn a trade. Coweta county has the Central Education Center that teaches things like welding, horticulture and culinary arts. We need more schools like that.

3) Amnesty for illegals currently in the state. It would be a one time deal and I think it would solve a lot of the problems that our immigration law has failed to fix.

4) Commuter rail into the suburbs. A line extending into Forsyth, a Gwinnett line ending at the Mall of Georgia, a Cobb line to Kennesaw State, an east line to Stonecrest, a west line to Arbor Place mall and a south line from the Airport to Senoia.

5) Legalize same sex marriage. I don't really care about the option of a referendum at this point. If Georgia held a referendum on integration 50 years ago it wouldn't have passed either. I don't think basic civil rights should be up for a vote.

6) Same day voter registration

7) Bring back the Atlanta Thrashers

8) Increase pay for teachers and increase state standards for hiring them.

9) More financial aid for college students

10) A statue of Honey Boo Boo at the capitol

Old 05-26-2013, 11:34 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Scotsman View Post
Okay if they don't want to leave, they can be run through a wood-chipper and used for hog-feed.
I hope this isn't reflective of the majority in Alabama....

...or better yet, hopefully you're just joking around. It's a pretty morbid joke though.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:37 AM

87 posts, read 121,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I hope this isn't reflective of the majority in Alabama....

...or better yet, hopefully you're just joking around. It's a pretty morbid joke though.
This thread is a fantasy thread.

If I owned the entire state of Georgia, I would banish all the people I considered undesirables.

If I could get away with it, I would just get rid of them altogether.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
1) designate more state parks in Georgia and try to create a national park somewhere up in the mountains. I think it's really important to preserve Georgia's natural beauty. Plus, national parks bring in lots of tourists.

2) Create more vocational high schools where students not on a college track can learn a trade. Coweta county has the Central Education Center that teaches things like welding, horticulture and culinary arts. We need more schools like that.

3) Amnesty for illegals currently in the state. It would be a one time deal and I think it would solve a lot of the problems that our immigration law has failed to fix.

4) Commuter rail into the suburbs. A line extending into Forsyth, a Gwinnett line ending at the Mall of Georgia, a Cobb line to Kennesaw State, an east line to Stonecrest, a west line to Arbor Place mall and a south line from the Airport to Senoia.

5) Legalize same sex marriage. I don't really care about the option of a referendum at this point. If Georgia held a referendum on integration 50 years ago it wouldn't have passed either. I don't think basic civil rights should be up for a vote.

6) Same day voter registration

7) Bring back the Atlanta Thrashers

8) Increase pay for teachers and increase state standards for hiring them.

9) More financial aid for college students

10) A statue of Honey Boo Boo at the capitol
I agree with everything but the Honey Boo Boo and Thrashers comment. Perhaps we should disown their entire family to Alabama or Mississippi. Kidding!

Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 PM

Here is my list..

1. Improve the education system in the state and make the state more competitive in high tech industry starting with educating the public.

2. Raise the state minimum wage.

3. Increase advertisement of our state nationally and internationally. Not just Atlanta, but our State Parks and all our smaller metros and towns have to offer.

4. MASS TRANSIT: As others have said, initiate a commuter rail to Chattanooga, Birmingham, Gainesville, Athens, Macon and Columbus. High speed rail to Savannah and Charlotte. Expand MARTA heavy rail out as far as Mall of Georgia, further up 400, into Cobb County, Stone Mountain, Conyers, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Douglasville, and Dallas. Initiate a connector rail on all of 285.
Create a light rail network in Savannah from downtown south down Abercorn and heavy rail out to Tybee and west from downtown to Pooler and the airport.

5. Again, as others have said, marijuana and gay marriage legalization.

6. ROAD EXPANSION: Complete limited access on 316 to Athens. Create a limited access highway loop around Statesboro from I-16 at Metter and ending at exit 127. Expand I-185 from Columbus to Panama City. Create I-14 from Augusta to Columbus and beyond in each direction. Create I-3 from Savannah to Augusta and beyond (preferably up through Greenville instead of NE GA Mtns.) Widen I-16 in all of Bibb (and fix the 16/75 interchange), Laurens from exit 48 to 51, all of Effingham and Chatham county. Widen I-85 from 985 to the S.C border. Add one lane in each direction on 985 as well.

7. Stricter zoning ordinances in metropolitan areas that limit sprawl and encourage higher density development.

8. Actually enforce the keep right except to pass law and have police start ticketing for failure to use signal.

I'm sure I could think of more, but this is it for now..

Last edited by WanderingImport; 05-26-2013 at 12:23 PM..

Old 05-26-2013, 12:35 PM

630 posts, read 1,265,220 times
I thought of one more

Create a high tech corridor on 316 from Gwinnett to Athens. Wire the entire region with high speed internet and offer lots of incentives for tech and research companies to relocate there. Call it the knowledge corridor.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:42 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Scotsman View Post
This thread is a fantasy thread.

If I owned the entire state of Georgia, I would banish all the people I considered undesirables.

If I could get away with it, I would just get rid of them altogether.

Who are the "undesirables?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta