Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:46 PM

258 posts, read 534,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Mia23456 View Post
I constantly hear that Atlanta is the "black mecca," but it certainly doesn't seem like the black dating mecca. Are there plenty of suitable dating options for professional black women?
yes. easiest explanation........ go talk to the men that YOU want instead instead of sitting there and waiting to get whatever you're gonna get. if you dont wait for people to come to you to offer to do your hair, buy shoes for you, get your car fixed, go pick up chinese take-out, etc...... then use your same initiative to go find the man you want.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:45 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki_Anderson View Post
Some women have larger bones than others, but generally if you eat healthy and exercise, you will not be obese or chunky, your body shape will be either thin or average.
Healthy is good but it does not equal thin.

As I said above, it's great for people to be healthy, but not so great to cave in to stereotypes of beauty.

Especially if it's hurting their self esteem or causing them to avoid social situations.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 PM

116 posts, read 226,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Mia23456 View Post
I constantly hear that Atlanta is the "black mecca," but it certainly doesn't seem like the black dating mecca. Are there plenty of suitable dating options for professional black women?
How old are you?

Reason I ask is b/c a 27 y/o has many different options available than a 37 y/o black woman.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 PM

116 posts, read 226,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Incarceration rates, education level, and a slew of other social factors stack the deck if you are an educated woman looking for an educated black man.

My gf has said many times, "black men in Atlanta are no joke", meaning that just finding a normal, stable dating relationship is a big challenge if you are not willing to consider other ethnicities.

Its possible. My gf found me eventually, but she endured a series of very crappy people and circumstances before things fell into place.

If you are overweight, then as shallow as this sounds.... if the rest of your life is already more-or-less together then I would highly recommend getting into healthier shape. There is no reason that you can't become the 'total package'.
Very good post.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 PM

119 posts, read 212,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Incarceration rates, education level, and a slew of other social factors stack the deck if you are an educated woman looking for an educated black man.

My gf has said many times, "black men in Atlanta are no joke", meaning that just finding a normal, stable dating relationship is a big challenge if you are not willing to consider other ethnicities.

Its possible. My gf found me eventually, but she endured a series of very crappy people and circumstances before things fell into place.

If you are overweight, then as shallow as this sounds.... if the rest of your life is already more-or-less together then I would highly recommend getting into healthier shape. There is no reason that you can't become the 'total package'.

I guess I will remain single because I will never fit the total package since I can't lose weight due to a medical condition... I freaking hate the shallow men in Atlanta!!!!

Old 07-09-2013, 11:26 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,034,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozi30213 View Post
I guess I will remain single because I will never fit the total package since I can't lose weight due to a medical condition... I freaking hate the shallow men in Atlanta!!!!
Being the total package isn't a necessity (my sister is overweight, and she found a great black man), but it can make things far easier.

It isn't just the shallow men in Atlanta... it is shallow men all over. Many people are loathe to admit it, but there is certainly a pattern of successful or well to do men who gravitate toward skinny 20-somethings. If you are looking for a guy who is in athletic shape, then not being in shape yourself makes that prospect almost a non-starter.

Body shape isn't everything, but whatever else a partner brings to a relationship at an early stage had better be just as evident to the other partner. Many of the guys you are interested in just have too many other options (and the willingness to go explore them).

Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 AM

421 posts, read 749,715 times
Quote:
You are in for a shock if you think only men in Atlanta care about weight. It's not about being shallow as it is sexual attraction.

Why would you date, much less marry someone you aren't sexually attracted too? How would that work out when your partner doesn't want to get intimate with you?

It would just lead to problems. There would be much temptation and lots of doubts.

That being said, many men LOVE big women. Black men in particular.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:10 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Don't worry about it. Real men don't fret about that nonsense.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:52 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,273,537 times
The #1 fear of women meeting guys online is that they might turn out to be a serial killer. The #1 fear of men meeting women online is that they might turn out to be fat. Accept the reality and position yourself accordingly.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:21 AM

421 posts, read 749,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Don't worry about it. Real men don't fret about that nonsense.
Real men don't care about being sexually attracted to a woman? What do you mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta