Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 05:14 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
real EDM people who are sophisticated want a festival go to ULTRA in Miami and not some cow field in the suburbs of Atlanta!
Dining options afterwards in Atlanta?
McDonald's or the nearest Waffle House
Save your money and come on down for the real deal!
U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 05:50 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,962 times
Quote:
real EDM people who are sophisticated want a festival go to ULTRA in Miami and not some cow field in the suburbs of Atlanta!
Wow. Just wow.

If you're going to throw stereotypes around at least get them right. In suburban Atlanta it would be a cotton field. Not a cow field.....a cotton field.

Dining options in Miami? You think all these concertgoers visiting from Europe want to eat Cuban food?

Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,987,701 times
I did the whole weekend, camping, the works. I'm unreal exhausted right now. Every muscle is sore (and I'm heading straight to the office now...yuck).

I went to Counterpoint last year and the contrast is incredible. This show was SO well organized, high production value, sophisticated, and international. Counterpoint's main stages pale in comparison to the many secondary stages at TW. The light show aspect of it was really off the charts. Event staff was great, another contrast with Counterpoint.

On the negative side, I know of three girls who got their cell phones stolen while dancing. There was definitely a ring of thieves working the crowd.

My other gripe was the parking situation for Dreamville. They had us park really, really far away at first and we lugged all of our crap 1.5 miles from the car to the tent (I just measured on Google Earth). Taking two round trips for a total of 6 miles with your arms fully loaded on half of it is a BIG freaking workout to have right when you get there, I don't care who you are. And then there was another massive field closer to the event (which we had to walk through) that they filled with day visitors. Then the next day they let us move our cars from the original spot to the day parking lot, which made the trip back easier but left us confused as to why we couldn't park there in the first place. They did say to bring a wagon or something so shame on me I guess, but I didn't expect "a long walk" to mean 1.5 miles each way.

Beer was expensive and people were going crazy all night (esp the Venezuelans!) but that's all standard.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,371,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Honestly, I hate to be unsympathetic, but with the amount of dense tree growth in that area, I believe that in order to hear anything, you'd have to stand outside and be very quiet and you might hear some quiet thumps off in the distance. These people are just being dramatic trying to get a payout, that's what I think.
Maybe not. Their complaints might be valid. It isn't all dense tree growth between them and the concert: the river can carry sound quite well. We are about a mile from downtown Woodstock (the one in Georgia, not the one in NY) and we can hear the downtown concerts if we are outside. I'm sure those don't have a sound system anywhere near what Tomorrowworld is using, and booming bass really can carry far.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:58 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,373,249 times
Quote:
First of all this was incredible. I went all 3 days, and furthermore the weather was stunning, something Miami never has. It was 75 during the day and near 50 at night, actually got rather chilly. I met some of the MOST incredible people from around the world that have lots of money and they said this was by far the best event they have ever attended. They made NO mention of Miami, many of them fell in love with the incredible beauty Atlanta has, again cannot compare to the mosquito coast. I like Miami but don't come trolling in here and spout about this event known around the world. Where you here this weekend? I guess you have a touch of jealousy...Plus, this event was amazingly sophisticated.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:01 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,987,701 times
Also, I didn't see it mentioned, but Counterpoint is apparently coming back, per the flyer on our car. Now it will be in April, in Kingston GA (Bartow County). Having two annual EDM festivals in Atlanta is pretty crazy.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:18 AM

927 posts, read 2,226,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/...88939445_n.jpg

Now if this isn't a party then I don't know what is lol
Doooope!!! I love electronic but can't super get into most EDM. Looks incredible though!!

Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 AM

927 posts, read 2,226,222 times
Looking at these pics I'm reminded that people complain about GA's lack of water or other natural features.

We may not have water, but we have oceans of gorgeous trees. I hope Atlanta can urbanize while still keeping this feature that makes our city unique among big cities! It is one of my favorite things to look forward to whenever I come home.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:03 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
I did the whole weekend, camping, the works. I'm unreal exhausted right now. Every muscle is sore (and I'm heading straight to the office now...yuck).

I went to Counterpoint last year and the contrast is incredible. This show was SO well organized, high production value, sophisticated, and international. Counterpoint's main stages pale in comparison to the many secondary stages at TW. The light show aspect of it was really off the charts. Event staff was great, another contrast with Counterpoint.

On the negative side, I know of three girls who got their cell phones stolen while dancing. There was definitely a ring of thieves working the crowd.

My other gripe was the parking situation for Dreamville. They had us park really, really far away at first and we lugged all of our crap 1.5 miles from the car to the tent (I just measured on Google Earth). Taking two round trips for a total of 6 miles with your arms fully loaded on half of it is a BIG freaking workout to have right when you get there, I don't care who you are. And then there was another massive field closer to the event (which we had to walk through) that they filled with day visitors. Then the next day they let us move our cars from the original spot to the day parking lot, which made the trip back easier but left us confused as to why we couldn't park there in the first place. They did say to bring a wagon or something so shame on me I guess, but I didn't expect "a long walk" to mean 1.5 miles each way.

Beer was expensive and people were going crazy all night (esp the Venezuelans!) but that's all standard.
I really hate I didn't find about it until this actual weekend, so I couldn't plan for it.

When I went online to check it out the ticket prices had all been taken down already. What was the cost for the whole package with the event tickets and the camping?

Old 09-30-2013, 07:17 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Maybe not. Their complaints might be valid. It isn't all dense tree growth between them and the concert: the river can carry sound quite well. We are about a mile from downtown Woodstock (the one in Georgia, not the one in NY) and we can hear the downtown concerts if we are outside. I'm sure those don't have a sound system anywhere near what Tomorrowworld is using, and booming bass really can carry far.
The complaints are likely to be completely unwarranted. Around midnight on Saturday (an hour from the end of the concert), I went to my car in the "Kiss and Ride" lot which was about 2 miles from the Main Stage area. You couldn't hear anything but crickets. There is no way that people 8 miles away could have heard anything. Complainers will complain about anything to get a payout.

So, can anybody confirm that this will be here for the next decade, or is that just a rumor? I had a 1 day pass, and I would love to do that again next year It was the most amazing outdoor festival I've ever been to, as everybody else on this board who has been has already said. Everything about it was great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta