Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 03:49 PM

28 posts, read 44,868 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I am from North CA, I am planing to move to Suwanee GA next summer since the housing price in North CA is way to high.

I have heard Suwanee is peaceful and safe( in some areas) and schools are great. My child will start elementary school in next fall. I have heard many good things about Suwanee, such as beautiful city center, good schools, and it's between two big shopping centers...

Is Suwanee a new developed city? does anyone know any good pool communities?

I found some new houses are building IN Suwanee such as:1455 Rocky Shoals Ln
Suwanee, GA, and the price is around 300k, is there good area of Suwanee?

are Asian people going to be welcome?

How is the public schools there/ and how to looking for a good public school? maybe some zip code that within good school areas.

Is there any Asian supermarkets in Suwanee or nearby?

How is the weather in Suwanee? Does there snow? or any hot day that is above 110F?

I will rent a place in Suwanee at the first, and then looking to buy a place. Is there any area in Suwanee or near by that I need to stay away from?

How long it will take to the city Atalanta by car with traffic? I will need to go to Atlanta once a while.
In north CA, the traffic is terrible.

Are there any children classes, such as instruments class or sport classes?

Last question, how is the job market in Suwanee? and the price of housing? it will go up very soon?

Thanks so much for reading and answering my questions !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 05:30 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,340 times
Go to the church. They'll fill you in all that. But a large number of asians in that area.

H mart, Lotte, it's all near there.

It's not the temperature, it's always the humanity that's always bad.

It'll take you about 2 hours to get to Atlanta on a bad traffic. No traffic, it's about 40 minutes.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:05 PM

thank you!

Old 09-28-2013, 07:07 PM

is Suwanee safe to live??

Old 09-28-2013, 07:19 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,629,537 times
Humidity is uncomfortable for 4 months. Suwanee is safe and we have a large Asian population here

Old 09-28-2013, 10:22 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,825 times
Suwanee is a very safe town and a great place to raise a family. Lots of activities and sports for kids. There's a very large Asian population (mostly Korean) and many Asian markets. There are no real extremes in weather. Snow is very rare. Schools in Suwanee are excellent. There are many nice swim/tennis communities with homes under $350k. Hope this helps!

Old 09-29-2013, 03:13 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,485,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyjason View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am from North CA, I am planing to move to Suwanee GA next summer since the housing price in North CA is way to high.

I have heard Suwanee is peaceful and safe( in some areas) and schools are great. My child will start elementary school in next fall. I have heard many good things about Suwanee, such as beautiful city center, good schools, and it's between two big shopping centers...

Is Suwanee a new developed city?
...Suwanee is generally an area dominated by newer development (roughly 2000 and later)

Quote:
does anyone know any good pool communities?

I found some new houses are building IN Suwanee such as:1455 Rocky Shoals Ln
Suwanee, GA, and the price is around 300k, is there good area of Suwanee?
That particular address is located on the Forsyth County side of unincorporated Suwanee within the swim-tennis community of "Riverbrooke of Suwanee", which is a community that includes a community swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts.
Riverbrooke of Suwanee

Quote:
are Asian people going to be welcome?
...Though it has an Asian population that is smaller than the Asian population on the Gwinnett County side of Forsyth County, the Forsyth County side of Suwanee has an Asian population that is fast-growing.

Quote:
How is the public schools there/ and how to looking for a good public school? maybe some zip code that within good school areas.
...While the public schools on both the Forsyth County and Gwinnett County sides of Suwanee generally range from very-good to excellent, the public schools (Settles Bridge Elementary, Riverwatch Middle School, Lambert High School) within the immediate area of the address of the home that you gave on the Forsyth County side of Suwanee are highly-rated, highly-regarded and are generally thought by most to be nothing short of stellar.

Quote:
Is there any Asian supermarkets in Suwanee or nearby?
There are two well-known large Asian supermarkets (both Super H-Mart) that are relatively close nearby to (and in) the Suwanee area:

...Super H-Mart on Lawrenceville Suwanee Road east of I-85 near the intersection of McGinnis Ferry Road Hmart.com: Online Shopping for Asian Grocery, Korean Kimchi, Rice Cookers, Appliances & more at everyday low prices.

...Super H-Mart in Johns Creek at the intersection of GA 141 Medlock Bridge Road and GA 120 Abbotts Bridge Road Hmart.com: Online Shopping for Asian Grocery, Korean Kimchi, Rice Cookers, Appliances & more at everyday low prices.

Quote:
How is the weather in Suwanee? Does there snow? or any hot day that is above 110F?
...The weather is pretty nice compared to the Northern U.S. where many transplanted Metro Atlantans hail from, but since you are coming from Northern California, Atlanta-area weather will likely feel much colder to you in the winter and much more humid (a wetter heat) to you in the summer.

Snow is rare in Suwanee and the Metro Atlanta region, with major snow and ice events happening once every 5 years on average.

Days above 110F are also very rare as summer temperatures rarely gets above 100F, except during years of extreme drought (roughly every 4-5 years on average).

Quote:
I will rent a place in Suwanee at the first, and then looking to buy a place. Is there any area in Suwanee or near by that I need to stay away from?
The Suwanee area is generally very, very safe with a very-low crime rate and events of crime being rare.

Quote:
How long it will take to the city Atalanta by car with traffic? I will need to go to Atlanta once a while. In north CA, the traffic is terrible.
...When traffic conditions are good, it will take about 45 minutes or so to get into Atlanta.

When traffic conditions are not good, which is often during morning rush hour or inclement weather, it can take an hour or longer (sometimes substantially longer) to get into Atlanta.

Quote:
Last question, how is the job market in Suwanee?
While it has shown very-slight signs of recovery this year, the job market in Metro Atlanta is still very-soft and very-challenging for job seekers, which is why it is highly-recommended that one has a job lined-up first before moving to the Atlanta area, an area that was hit very-hard by the recent economic downturn.

Quote:
and the price of housing? it will go up very soon?
The price of housing has started to rise back up within the past year or so with all of the investor activity that is going on within the Atlanta region.

But even with all of the increased activity from investors, the price of housing is still relatively low in the Metro Atlanta.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:49 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,660,708 times
Gwinnett = Asian central. Take it from another Asian.

They call Johns Creek, Johns Korea due to the high Korean population. Georgia has plenty of Chinese, Indian, Korean, Vietnamese and Japanese residence. That area is also pretty nice, fairly low crime, decent traffic and good schools. Forsyth/Johns Creek has better schools and higher diversity(diversity meaning high White and Asian population)

H Mart in Johns Creek and in Gwinn is the best place for Asian produce. There's also lots of Korean/Indian smaller stores and restaurants spread throughout.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM

Thanks so much to everyone for answering my questions!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta