Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,163,638 times

Advertisements

State Farm responds to HQ relocation speculation - Atlanta Business Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,857,560 times
I've been with State Farm since I was 16. It has been my experience that the closer I was to Bloomington, IL, the better the service was. I was born and raised in IL, moved to Memphis, back to IL, then here. I'm not counting my time in the Army.

I recall that an agent in Peoria, our previous location, inquired about the names and birthdays of our three children. We felt that the inquiry was peculiar. It wasn't until our next visit to the office that the inquiry made sense. The agent spoke to all of our children by name and gave the oldest an early birthday gift. Of course she gave all three the same thing: a piggyback and a fireman's helmet. My wife and I received a post it notepad, calenders, keyring, etc. Of course, my wife and I would receive a birthday card every year, without fail. Nothing doing in Memphis or here.

I'm all for them relocating to GA. However, I do wonder if the amenities will increase. I am not saying that our former agents in Memphis and our current agent have been rude. However, after years of extraordinary service, mediocre service seems inadequate.

What has been your experience with State Farm?

Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times
I've kind of had the same experience.

I have also been with State Farm since I was 16. It seems like they used to reach out a lot more. Also, I am part of the mutual company (if it even still exists) and every once in a while if they collected more in premiums than they sent out in claims, I would receive a check.

I haven't been very happy with my agent lately because every time I have called her office, I have only spoken to staff or her husband who works for her but is not a registered agent. I can't even remember the last time I spoke to my actual agent. I'm not a very needy customer, but talking to the actual agent once every few years would probably be nice.

I'm thinking of switching agents to someone closer by as my agent is left over from when I first moved to Atlanta and is clear on the other side of town. But I've just been lazy and nobody seems to stick out as being a great agent. Besides, when push comes to shove, you're really dealing with the people at State Farm HQ and not your agent anyway.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,857,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I've kind of had the same experience.

I have also been with State Farm since I was 16. It seems like they used to reach out a lot more. Also, I am part of the mutual company (if it even still exists) and every once in a while if they collected more in premiums than they sent out in claims, I would receive a check.

I haven't been very happy with my agent lately because every time I have called her office, I have only spoken to staff or her husband who works for her but is not a registered agent. I can't even remember the last time I spoke to my actual agent. I'm not a very needy customer, but talking to the actual agent once every few years would probably be nice.

I'm thinking of switching agents to someone closer by as my agent is left over from when I first moved to Atlanta and is clear on the other side of town. But I've just been lazy and nobody seems to stick out as being a great agent. Besides, when push comes to shove, you're really dealing with the people at State Farm HQ and not your agent anyway.
Greetings,

I appreciate your reply. However, I must clarify something. I constantly used the word agent in my initial post. I've rarely dealt with the licensed agent at any location. My dealings have mostly been with the "proxy." However, I don't make a distinction between the person out front and the person in the back. After all, it is the person out front that set the tone for the office.

I don't know what kind a training a licensed agent must obtain. However, most are rather cocky. Not in a bad way. Cocky, nonetheless.

I forgot to say in my initial post. We have not switched agents. However, our agent has relocated to Sandy Springs. I'm not getting on the loop to see my agent! He was literally down the street from us. That's fine. However, a postcard notification would have been the professional thing to do. That said, we will probably switch agents soon. Of course, there is another office literally within walking distance from us.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
They are a horrible company. I hope to God they aren't.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,118 times
Feb 28, 2013, 3:54pm EST
State Farm eyes Terraces for huge lease

[IMG]http://assets.bizjournals.com/atlanta/real_talk/terraces*304.jpg?v=1[/IMG] Enlarge

State Farm is considering taking anywhere from 200,000 to 300,000 square feet.

Sponsored Links

company.SurveyMonkey.com

Douglas SamsCommercial Real Estate Editor- Atlanta Business Chronicle Email | Twitter
State Farm Insurance has recently been eyeing the twin 11-story buildings known as The Terraces for the latest in its string of big office leases.
State Farm would take at least 200,000 to 300,000 square feet, if it can reach an agreement with Terraces owner RBS Securities Inc., according to commercial real estate executives familiar with the process.
If State Farm and RBS complete the deal, it would mean the insurance giant will have committed to lease about 900,000 square feet in office buildings dotting the Atlanta Perimeter over the past year, including 64 and 66 Perimeter Center East (400,000 square feet) and Hammond Exchange (about 200,000 square feet).
It would also mark a huge win for RBS Securities, which had foreclosed on The Terraces’ two towers for $140 million last year, according to DeKalb County records.
State Farm has played a big role in the 1.2 million square feet of absorption the Perimeter office market posted last year, and office landlords in North Fulton and Buckhead have enjoyed the positive ripple effects of all that activity.
State Farm has taken huge chunks of vacant Central Perimeter office space off the market, forcing companies that would have considered those buildings to look at Buckhead and North Fulton.
It also wouldn’t be a surprise if building owners in northwest Atlanta saw more activity.
Buckhead is an interesting submarket to watch. Vacancy in the top-tier office towers has already fallen below 15 percent, typically the point at which developers begin talking about the possibility of new office buildings.
If the ownerships behind the buildings near Lenox Square mall — Resurgens Plaza and Atlanta Plaza One — can fill their largest blocks of vacant office space, it’s possible that Buckhead could see class A vacancy start to fall closer to 10 percent.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
State Farm would take at least 200,000 to 300,000 square feet, if it can reach an agreement with Terraces owner RBS Securities Inc., according to commercial real estate executives familiar with the process.

If State Farm and RBS complete the deal, it would mean the insurance giant will have committed to lease about 900,000 square feet in office buildings dotting the Atlanta Perimeter over the past year, including 64 and 66 Perimeter Center East (400,000 square feet) and Hammond Exchange (about 200,000 square feet).
It would also mark a huge win for RBS Securities, which had foreclosed on The Terraces’ two towers for $140 million last year, according to DeKalb County records.

State Farm has played a big role in the 1.2 million square feet of absorption the Perimeter office market posted last year, and office landlords in North Fulton and Buckhead have enjoyed the positive ripple effects of all that activity.

State Farm has taken huge chunks of vacant Central Perimeter office space off the market, forcing companies that would have considered those buildings to look at Buckhead and North Fulton.

It also wouldn’t be a surprise if building owners in northwest Atlanta saw more activity.

Buckhead is an interesting submarket to watch. Vacancy in the top-tier office towers has already fallen below 15 percent, typically the point at which developers begin talking about the possibility of new office buildings.

If the ownerships behind the buildings near Lenox Square mall — Resurgens Plaza and Atlanta Plaza One — can fill their largest blocks of vacant office space, it’s possible that Buckhead could see class A vacancy start to fall closer to 10 percent.
Whoa, that is a a monster! Go State Farm!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:48 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,659,327 times
What is significant about this is that State Farm did not ask for, nor did they receive, one cent of incentives from state or local governments in this move. That may be because Insurance is a highly regulated industry or it may be just because they are ethical... Who knows?

Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
Quote:
That may be because Insurance is a highly regulated industry or it may be just because they are ethical... Who knows?
They are not ethical.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 AM

858 posts, read 1,385,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
They are not ethical.
Can you expand on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta