Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,023 times

Advertisements

Been on market a couple of weeks with a couple of showings here in north atlanta suburbs with very little activity. We are priced right, marketed well, and staged well. Realtor says nothing is moving in this neighborhood right now so no need to worry. Do the holidays generally bring a slow down in home buying activity? Frustrated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 08:18 AM

390 posts, read 907,390 times
It does bring a slowdown. Companies are generally not transferring or doing much hiring (other than retail) this time of year. Thing pick back up in January.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:48 AM

562 posts, read 1,790,954 times
Agreed, parents dont want to pull kids out of school in middle of the year, new hires come in when they graduate from school (May-ish), etc. Where in the North Suburbs are you also, a lot of it is based on demand? Things in East Cobb are flying so fast its ridiculous (we just bought a house there).

Old 11-16-2013, 10:21 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
It . . . depends. If you're in a popular neighborhood, then homes are selling like hotcakes. If you're not, then you're just . . . sitting. Pricing is everything, right now.

If you're not in a hurry, then I wouldn't worry about it too much, because it IS the holiday season, and unless someone is being transferred in or it's a deal too good to ignore in a sought-after neighborhood, then yeah, you're going to sit. I know it's frustrating, having done all the work to get a home ready to show and then no one shows up, plus you feel like you're living on edge and having to keep everything ready to show . . . it's wearing.

How badly do you want to move?

Old 11-16-2013, 11:40 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,813,430 times
I have sold two houses the first week of December (one was on the market for a day and one for a week), so I know that things can sell during the holiday season if it is priced to sell and is staged for your target market. Before putting a house on the market I determine who the likely buyers are and stage the house for that demographic group.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:43 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Things will pick up in the spring. That's what my realtor told me when I sold last year. All the comments above are pretty spot on. No one wants to move within the school year outside of their school district. Potential buyers get distracted over the holidays. So, it seems the market picks up in mid to late spring with the idea of a summer closing / move. Don't get discouraged. It'll work out for you!

Old 11-16-2013, 05:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
We have our home for sale here in north Fulton. It has been on the market for 18 days and we have had 10 showings. In the feedback, we have heard that about 8 of those people are ready to buy now. We had a relocating person view the house today. What realtors tell us is that some companies tell their people about the coming relocation in Oct./Nov. so the employee can move during the Christmas holidays and get their kids in school for the next semester.

We are priced right and have our house immaculate and staged. Don't know if we'll get an offer but we are having activity. Good luck with your sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta