Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 09:10 PM

32 posts, read 56,360 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move closer in near Livonia, near family, and currently, me and my family reside in Kennesaw, Ga.

Can anyone tell me which area you would recommend moving to and why? Cumming, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, or Buford? We are looking for a single basement home price range of $150-$250,000 with fence & yard....so not sure where more of these in this price range would be located, but in a pretty good school district.

I am also concerned about how bad I hear the traffic can get there in Cumming. I don't currently work, but will have to look for a job once we do move out that way somewhere. My husband works from home, so that won't affect him to much.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 11:11 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabaseballmom View Post
I am looking to move closer in near Livonia, near family, and currently, me and my family reside in Kennesaw, Ga.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no place in the Atlanta area or in the state of Georgia named "Livonia".

Do you mean that you are looking to move closer in near Lithonia in DeKalb County in East Metro Atlanta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabaseballmom View Post
Can anyone tell me which area you would recommend moving to and why? Cumming, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, or Buford? We are looking for a single basement home price range of $150-$250,000 with fence & yard....so not sure where more of these in this price range would be located, but in a pretty good school district.

I am also concerned about how bad I hear the traffic can get there in Cumming. I don't currently work, but will have to look for a job once we do move out that way somewhere. My husband works from home, so that won't affect him to much.

Thanks
Sugar Hill, Suwanee and Buford are all located next to each other in roughly about the same vicinity of North Gwinnett County, so the differences between those 3 North Gwinnett County towns are almost negligible.

You are correct to have concerns about the traffic in Cumming, though some of Cumming's traffic issues are being addressed with the expansion of the current 2-lane Georgia Highway 20 roadway to a divided 4-lane roadway between Sugar Hill and Cumming.

All four of the areas you named have schools ranging from very-good to excellent, though finding a home in the $150-250K price range in Cumming (particularly a home for a price as low as $150k) could potentially be the greatest challenge in Cumming.

Your chances of finding a home in the $150-250k price range will likely be slightly better in the Sugar Hill, Buford and Suwanee areas, which, in addition to the very high-to-excellent quality of the schools in the area and the abundance of the amenities to be found in and around the Mall of Georgia retail area in Buford, is why this area is where you should most-likely concentrate your search at this point.

If you are indeed looking to relocate closer to family who lives in Lithonia, other places where you should concentrate your search because of the quality of the schools and the closeness of their locations to your family in Lithonia (if they do indeed live in Lithonia), are:

> In the Snellville area in the feeder zone for the highly-rated Brookwood High School;

> In the Lilburn area in the feeder zone for the highly-rated Parkview High School;

> In Lawrenceville in the feeder zones for the young Mountain View and Archer high schools (...Mountain View and Archer are young because they only opened recently in the Fall of 2009);

> In the Grayson and Loganville (Gwinnett County side of Loganville) areas in the feeder zone for the highly-rated Grayson High School;

> On the Walton County side of Loganville in the feeder zone for the highly-rated Loganville and Walnut Grove high schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta