Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:31 AM

43 posts, read 191,275 times

Advertisements

I notice a lot of people mention Buford; however some people tell that it is going down hill.
Alpharetta looks nice based on some posts – shopping, dining.
I also notice that a lot of people asking about Sugar Hill or Suwanee, but I don’t really find any good descriptive posts about these two towns.
Does anyone can provide some information about these two towns and compare them to the other two or two each other?
By the way, how is the traffic from any of the towns mentioned about to Duluth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2006, 11:16 AM

985 posts, read 5,756,737 times
Positive:

Suwanee and Sugar Hill are north of Duluth. They offered cheaper house than Duluth and schools are pretty good in general. They are generally very safe.

Con:
Traffic can be bad go down to I-85. With the rate Atlanta is growing, one never know how long it takes to go to work.

Suwanee and Sugar Hills are less diversity than Duluth. Mainly white, some Asians and most are southern baptists.

That's what I see. I work at Duluth too. I can not image to find a house in Sugar Hill. Suwanee is a maybe.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 PM

I also went to Snellville for housing hunt. It is smallish for me. No much going on there. Also, the only way go there is through Ronald Reagon Highway. Then drive through a couple of retirement complex along the road.

I do have to say Brookwood is probably best school district in Gwinnett.

Last edited by jxu66; 09-15-2006 at 12:19 PM..

Old 09-15-2006, 12:32 PM

Definitely go to shopping at the Avenue sometimes in the future. My wife loves shopping. Have you been the forum at Peachtree Parkway? I hear that shopping at the Avenue is modeled after The forum, where we shop quite a bit? I don't how true is that.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 PM

Yes, that's where Trader Joe will be located. I too am looking forward for the opening.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:09 PM

52 posts, read 211,907 times
I am afraid to end up somewhere sleepy or too yuppy-ish. What else does Suwanee offer?

Old 02-16-2008, 05:56 AM

72 posts, read 263,850 times
try johns creek............

Old 06-15-2009, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,268 times
Suwanee is a really nice town but we happen to live in Sugar Hill and love it! it is accessible to everwhere including Suwanee. We often take part in the offererings at both city centers. It is a little less convienent to get into the city of Atlanta, but we don't visit there too much. We try to stay local and go up to the mountains whenever we can! Good luck

Old 06-16-2009, 08:28 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,248,748 times
Welcome to Suwanee, Georgia
suwanee.com | What's New - Photo Album

Check out the website. We're near Discover Mills, Mall of Georgia, and Gwinnett Place Mall. I'm about 5 minutes from Buford Highway, which can take me right down to a MARTA station about 20 minutes away.

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

We had an event just now with 3000 in attendance. Small city, bustling in the midst of world apocalypse...lol

Old 06-17-2009, 11:25 AM

39 posts, read 104,538 times
We moved to Suwanee about a year ago. Of all the towns in Gwinnett County, it really is the most happening place. GREAT parks, lots of family type activities on the square every weekend, a farmers market and they are starting a community garden. In other words, it is really trying.

There is, however, nowhere interesting to eat. No local-owned shopping that is remotely unique. There are also - I am not kidding you - no roads that go East-West. So getting to Alpharetta and Roswell involves going north or south for 10 miles and cutting over on a 2 lane rd.

Target is in Buford, Mall is in Buford, Whole Foods is in Duluth. These things are small, but can be frustrating to someone new who is used to better access to other parts of the county. It is also referred to as "suburban" but really I would consider it "rural-suburban".

Compared to other places in Gwinnett, Suwanee is def the best I've seen. We're planning on moving ITP when our lease is up though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta