Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:56 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,661,329 times

Advertisements

This is really great. Nathan Deal, a pretty great white republican governor and Kasim Reed, a pretty great black democratic mayor of Atlanta working together? I don't have enough data collected to say for sure, but I may agree with Mr. Reed.

To be fair..

Atlanta(and Georgia) is rife with annoying minority libs and art-majoring hipsters who need to get their sub-society's act together, as well as right-wing tea party nut jobs who have a high likelihood of suffering from low IQs..probably due to the "education" they fund from various "sources."

I really like seeing bipartisanship. I think it's effective. I want to like Carter, but his "lineage" in this case is moot, if not a disadvantage. Nathan Deal in my opinion has been VERY GENEROUS to key parts of society in Georgia. He's been one of the first and few high elected officials to visit China on business, he's GREATLY supported higher education and research(although there's work to be done at the Non-UGA, Georgia-Tech and non-Emorys of the state and also in K-12) and he's been fairly solid in terms of corruption. What I'd like to see from the governor is more support for the number one incubator in success of the 21st century human - education. We just can't do with the stratification. It's too much. I would forgo all the social issues liberals press for if we can just continue to support K-12 and higher education. That's just my opinion though. There is only so much budget to go around.

Kasim Reed Says He's Not On Jason Carter's Bandwagon Yet | WABE 90.1 FM

Last edited by ChefRamsey; 01-07-2014 at 03:40 PM..

Old 01-07-2014, 03:10 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
It's a bit of a stretch to believe that since Reed hasn't given his endorsement to Carter, he's leaning towards Deal. At the end of the day he's still a Democrat. If he has national aspirations, he would be committing suicide to back a extremely conservative Republican governor even if that said governor wasn't completely insane. It's not like Deal is a quasi-moderate like a Chris Christie or a true moderate (do any still exist in the Republican party?) like Nelson Rockefeller.

Trust me, if Carter gets the nom, he'll fall in line.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:08 PM

116 posts, read 294,399 times
Trust me, if Carter gets the nom, he'll fall in line. you definitely right and i think there are some dirty clothes to clean up btw them.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:18 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
"The bottom line is I'm going to support the Democratic nominee" -Reed
Reed: I won't be a 'bandwagon jumper' on Jason Carter's gubernatorial campaign | Atlanta News & Opinion Blog | Fresh Loaf | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,661,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
CL is like the Onion combined with BET.

Is there a real source?

Although, I think you all are right. I don't see any variation possible.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:39 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
CL is like the Onion combined with BET.

Is there a real source?

Although, I think you all are right. I don't see any variation possible.
CL has the full quote of what the link at the top only took small pieces of. You are welcome to go find your own sources if you like.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:49 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
It's a bit of a stretch to believe that since Reed hasn't given his endorsement to Carter, he's leaning towards Deal. At the end of the day he's still a Democrat. If he has national aspirations, he would be committing suicide to back a extremely conservative Republican governor even if that said governor wasn't completely insane. It's not like Deal is a quasi-moderate like a Chris Christie or a true moderate (do any still exist in the Republican party?) like Nelson Rockefeller.

Trust me, if Carter gets the nom, he'll fall in line.
I tend to agree. If he wants to work with the Fascist, I mean Democrat Party, supporting Deal would be tantamount to falling on a sword.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:12 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
I hope that you are not serious about the "Fascist" remark.
I'm confused enough as it is with all of the frequent labeling of Democrats that goes on. On one had they get labeled as "Marxists" & on the other hand they are called "Fascists".
Poor Jason. He's a moderate Democrat running in a red state but nevertheless, he'll have my vote if he secures the Democratic nomination as this state is in sore need of a thorough spring cleaning in it's government.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
I hope that you are not serious about the "Fascist" remark.
I'm confused enough as it is with all of the frequent labeling of Democrats that goes on. On one had they get labeled as "Marxists" & on the other hand they are called "Fascists".
Poor Jason. He's a moderate Democrat running in a red state but nevertheless, he'll have my vote if he secures the Democratic nomination as this state is in sore need of a thorough spring cleaning in it's government.
I am dead serious about it. The idea about a moderate Democrat is laughable. That concept evaporated decades ago.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:42 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Cuz most folks who use those labels have no real understanding what they mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta