Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times

Advertisements

I have friends coming into town this weekend. We're looking for some place to have wings and a few drinks Friday night. My faves are in NW Atlanta, they will be staying downtown, and it appears we're going to be headed to the east side (like Lithonia) afterward. I'm trying to make everybody happy, but since location is not going to be a concern considering our origination points will be scattered, I'm just wondering if you have any recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM

4 posts, read 6,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
I have friends coming into town this weekend. We're looking for some place to have wings and a few drinks Friday night. My faves are in NW Atlanta, they will be staying downtown, and it appears we're going to be headed to the east side (like Lithonia) afterward. I'm trying to make everybody happy, but since location is not going to be a concern considering our origination points will be scattered, I'm just wondering if you have any recommendations.
Fox Bros/Big Tex
The Local on Ponce
Manuel's
Sweet Auburn BBQ on N Highland

Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 AM

143 posts, read 242,542 times
J Buffalo Wings in Decatur is pretty good. They've got good wings, a great philly cheese steak (southern style), and decent prices.

And it's just off of I20 on the way to Lithonia, Wesley Chapel exit I think.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,551,284 times
JR CRICKETS!!!..I'm coming down tomorrow and will make sure I eat there

Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarvesFan View Post
Fox Bros/Big Tex
The Local on Ponce
Manuel's
Sweet Auburn BBQ on N Highland

I have not checked all of them, but Manuel's sounds good: Manuel's Tavern ~ HomePage. Even though I have not heard of it, tt just sounded good. Looking at the pics (menu as well), they'd like it.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2000 View Post
J Buffalo Wings in Decatur is pretty good. They've got good wings, a great philly cheese steak (southern style), and decent prices.

And it's just off of I20 on the way to Lithonia, Wesley Chapel exit I think.

So at least we'd be closer to our final destination I suppose. How's the traffic at night if you know? Also, just for my personal knowledge, would you prefer to eat the wings or philly cheese steak. (I have no problem with ordering something different than the crowd.)

Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Charlie G's on W. P'tree in midtown.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post

LOL, I know it's like an ATL icon, but I have never eaten there. What's your fave wing since clearly there are multiples? Also, eat up and enjoy your meal tomorrow.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
Man, last time I walked in their door (been 10 years now), I left immediately - surprised the health department still allowed them to operate. I hope they've cleaned up since then.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM

143 posts, read 242,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
So at least we'd be closer to our final destination I suppose. How's the traffic at night if you know? Also, just for my personal knowledge, would you prefer to eat the wings or philly cheese steak. (I have no problem with ordering something different than the crowd.)
Whenever I go, I get both...philly cheese steak, fries, and 5 wings...I'm not sure of the traffic at night there, I've only every gone evening time 430-5ish (swing by on the way home from work). how big is the crowd? there's not really alot of eat in for larger groups...although you could probably move tables around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta