Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 08:32 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,865,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockjones View Post
Is there a building in Atlanta not gay friendly? I think your concern is based more on a stereotype than the reality of Atlanta today.
LOL. Seems like everyone has had this same response. My first thought when seeing the OP's post... Is there a gay-unfriendly building anywhere in Midtown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 04:12 PM

9 posts, read 9,150 times
I agree with all the other posters..... There are no gay unfriendly buildings in Midtown. I like Sky House South. It is a great location and brand new.

Also, I think Midtown is the most walkable community in Atlanta. There are a few other options on places to live but Midtown is probably the most walkable.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:53 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
LOL. Seems like everyone has had this same response. My first thought when seeing the OP's post... Is there a gay-unfriendly building anywhere in Midtown?
No.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:01 AM

103 posts, read 129,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidera85 View Post
Hi There,
I am looking at a potential move from NYC to Atlanta in next 1-2 months for work and am looking for aparments that are more Gay Friendly close to Piedmont Park. Budget is flexible (around $2,000 for a 1 bedroom). I have seen two buildings online (77 12th Street & Skyhouse) but not sure what they are like.

Any feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks Alex

Gay friendly in Atlanta ? A Gay friendly building in the Black Gay Capital of the World? That is hard to say. haha Everywhere in the city of Atlanta is gay friendly and OPENLY GAY friendly . No Closets in that city. You should be more than fine in ATL, if that is what you are looking for.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:05 AM

103 posts, read 129,006 times
Lmaoo Having a building that is not gay friendly in Atlanta is like having anti gay rally in San Francisco . It wouldn't end well. lol

Old 05-15-2014, 05:32 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,040,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnperson View Post
I agree with all the other posters..... There are no gay unfriendly buildings in Midtown. I like Sky House South. It is a great location and brand new.

Also, I think Midtown is the most walkable community in Atlanta. There are a few other options on places to live but Midtown is probably the most walkable.
I agree that most any building in Midtown is going to be ultra gay friendly, but I'm wondering if any of them are considered more family oriented? Those are the ones, if any, that I would try to avoid. Midtown isn't quite as gay as it once was - it has become a little more straight friendly in recent years.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:05 AM

191 posts, read 323,372 times
Gayest buildings in Midtown:

Post Parkside - as "in the gayborhood" as it gets
Viewpoint - mostly owners
Metropolis - mix of owners and renters
Piedmont Courtyard - renters, filled with gays, but not high-end
Skyhouse South - renters (will probably end up being the gayest building in midtown when it's fully leased)
905 Juniper - mostly owners
Park Central - mix of owners/renters
Tuscany - mix of owners/renters
1010 Midtown - mostly owners
Luxe - mostly owners
Spire - mostly owners, mix of gays/straights
Plaza Midtown - off the beaten path but very gay

The buildings you mentioned have some gays, but I think most in Skyhouse "Midtown" are moving to Skyhouse South since its more centrally located in the gayborhood. Skyhouse "Midtown" is not located in the gayborhood and is a pretty rough walk to the park & gay bars (especially at night while intoxicated). Its main appeal is being close to the MARTA station - 77 12th probably has some gays, but I don't know any who live there. Those two buildings are centrally located in what's developing as the young "straight/fratty" area of midtown. I have no desire to live over there.

Mayfair towers are mostly older gays and straight people these days. The 14th street corridor is becoming more "straight" everyday it seems even on the park side of Peachtree (with the exception of the W).

My general rule is you want to be East of Peachtree, South of 13th street, West of Argonne and North of 5th. Atlanta has several smaller gayborhoods, but nothing comes close to Midtown. If you are searching "Midtown" on Craigslist, you will not get far - everyone from Jonesboro to Kennesaw uses the keyword "Midtown" in their listings to show up in search results. Its slightly helpful to click "Atlanta" in the regions tab (all of altanta, "atlanta", otp north, otp south, etc). When I am looking for apartments in Atlanta, I usually search "Piedmont Park" and then if that doesnt work, I search street names:

10th Street, 9th Street, 8th Street, 7th Street, 11th Street, 12th Street, 13th Street
Piedmont Avenue, Juniper Street, Myrtle Street - its pretty pointless to search "Peachtree Street".

Good Luck!!!

Old 10-19-2016, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 603 times
My building is gay friendly; 849 Piedmint Ave. call Elena the landlord
770-317-7481. Prime Midtown location between 6th and 7th streets.
They only have fully furnished 1br 1 ba condos but accept weekly rentals.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:12 PM

301 posts, read 189,428 times
My dance teacher and his husband live at Twelve Hotels and its a great spot, beautiful building.

TWELVE Hotels & Residences | Two Sophisticated Atlanta Hotels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta