Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:22 PM

14 posts, read 30,863 times

Advertisements

Rated fourth fastest growing county by Forbes. The Commissioners are approving high density building. There is a reported concern about a conflict of interest because the Commissioners are large land owners. They get more for their property when they are approved to build 3 to 6 homes per acre. Schools are overcrowded with over 3000 new students expected to enter the schools in the next year. Taxes are going to fly through the roof. Last year, they gave classes in huts in the school parking lots. The future for the county is bad, property values will plummet. Buyer Beware.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:43 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,050,476 times
What a trolling post.

I don't know how much, if any of this is true, but I do know this.....it's pretty hard to make any kind of generalization about any single county, especially one like Forsyth that has a portion that is largely part of metro Atlanta and another portion that is still mostly rural.

I'm sure there are people here who know way more about Forsyth county than some troll who only has 8 posts.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:47 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,029,499 times
Sound the alarm!

Old 06-18-2014, 05:47 PM

957 posts, read 3,355,973 times

Alonrev1 wrote:

The Commissioners are approving high density building. There is a reported concern about a conflict of interest because the Commissioners are large land owners. They get more for their property when they are approved to build 3 to 6 homes per acre. Schools are overcrowded with over 3000 new students expected to enter the schools in the next year. Taxes are going to fly through the roof. Last year, they gave classes in huts in the school parking lots. The future for the county is bad, property values will plummet. Buyer Beware.

Response: I do agree that the commissioners are approving high density builder. I do believe that a 6th high school will be added in Forsyth in the future to accommodate the fast growing population.

I completely disagree with your final sentence: I am extremely optimistic of Forsyth County's future and property values will continue to rise continue to be a highly desirable place to live.

The future for the county is bad, property values will plummet. Buyer Beware.

I bought my new primary residence in St Marlo County Club located in Forsyth County in the summer of 2011 when real estate prices were trading at 1996 prices. After I bought my primary residence, I concentrated my real estate investments in Forsyth County, mostly in the Lambert and South Forsyth MIddle / High Clusters from 2010 - 2013 so I do a quite a bit of research in this county.

I do believe Forsyth County will do well in the long run because of the data below. Real Estate prices rise as the demand outstrips the supply. I can potentially see a new highschool forming in Forsyth County, currently there is only 5: Lambert, S. Foryth,C. Forsyth, W. Forsyth, N. Forsyth. I can also potentially see higher density homes being built in this county, but i do not see the high per capital income demographics moving into Forsyth County changing.

The rental inventory is super tight right now with only 19days of inventory in the Lambert High cluster.

Forsyth County is the 6th Fastest growing county in the nation

Source:
Fastest growing U.S. counties - Forsyth County, Ga. (6) - CNNMoney.com

20th wealthiest county in the nation:

Source:
Fastest growing U.S. counties - Forsyth County, Ga. (6) - CNNMoney.com

Demographics of Forsyth County looked ripe for growth.

White 87.5%
Black 3.1%
Asian 7.4%
Hispanic 9.6%

Median household income: $88,262
Per Capital income: $35,277
Median value of owner occupied homes: $274,200.

5 elementary schools in south forsyth are ranked in the top10 among 1165 elementary schools in Georgia.[/SIZE]

2 middle schools in south forsyth : Riverwatch (rank #2) andS. Forsyth Middle (rank #3) are ranked in the top 10 middle schools among 483middle schools in Georgia. Vickery Middle School which is in west forsyth isranked #10 in the state.[/SIZE]

Property taxes are less than 1%, Strong job growth, and theAsian demographics of Atlanta is currently exploding into South Forsyth, andthe appreciated 31% since the bottom of March 2012 prices.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:57 PM

957 posts, read 3,355,973 times

Here is the rental data in Forsyth County.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:25 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
I don't doubt that there's some "back room deals" taking place in Forsyth County. Considering how long Forsyth was considered a racist, rural backwater, that only makes sense. Are we supposed to believe that in less than 20 years, Forsyth County became a beacon for virtuous leadership and enlightened development? Look at the scandals that have embroiled neighboring Gwinnett and Cherokee.

I've seen nothing in the development patterns of Forsyth that suggests planned or controlled growth. The leadership there seems completely sold out to the almighty dollar, which has historically been the downfall of all Metro Atlanta.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:45 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,775,164 times
I agree with this for another reason: Cumming is too speculative. It's not a core metro city and I don't think it'll keep up with inner metro cities in an increasingly new-urbanist country.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:31 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,050,476 times
When MrPanda talks about Forsyth county, he is largely talking about the Lambert school district.

That area doesn't even use a Cumming mailing address, it uses Suwanee.

There's a lot more to Forsyth county than Cumming.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:34 PM

62 posts, read 80,310 times
Gwinnett was like this in 1979.

Of course people will employ shenanigans when development takes off. It would only be news if that's not what happens.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:45 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,463 times
I am no Forsyth booster.

But this stuff goes on in Fulton and DeKalb. And every other county in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta