Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 06:55 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Also I heard that Cobb County isn't allowing food trucks anymore...what a load of bull.
It's a shame Cobb would shoot themselves in the foot over this. Apparently food trucks were pretty popular up there.

Smyrna Food Truck Tuesdays | Cobb County Events

Dinner at the Depot | Kennesaw.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 07:21 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,486,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's a shame Cobb would shoot themselves in the foot over this. Apparently food trucks were pretty popular up there.

Smyrna Food Truck Tuesdays | Cobb County Events

Dinner at the Depot | Kennesaw.com
Yeah, it is a shame but then again there is a lot of shortsighted individuals in that particular locale...

Old 07-13-2014, 07:55 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,641,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I recommend Wow, the Blaxican, and Nana G's. Also I heard that Cobb County isn't allowing food trucks anymore...what a load of bull.
That's crazy. Food truck Tuesday in Smyrna is gone? I wonder why?

Old 07-13-2014, 08:30 AM

858 posts, read 1,385,644 times
Cobb did NOT ban food trucks. I'm surprised you believe that even AFTER someone posted two food truck events that are happening through September 2014.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,892 times
Um, just for the record food trucks came to the office complexes here at the Galleria every single week... until last week when the property manager sent out an email stating that Cobb wasn't allowing food trucks out here anymore. That site means nothing considering it clearly hasnt been updated. Also they haven't had food truck Tuesdays in Smyrna in 2 weeks. But hell what do I know, I just live and work here.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:15 AM

Sooo...

Quote:
City of Smyrna, GA Government
Jul 8 at 12:09pm

It's Tuesday! That means we get started with Smyrna Food Truck Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. this afternoon/evening. We will be at Taylor-Brawner Park (3180 Atlanta Road, Smyrna Ga 30080) until 9:00 tonight. Walk or bike if you can.
...is Smyrna making things up on their Facebook page?

Quote:
Dinner at the Depot
Jul 7 at 9:39am

Who's coming to Dinner at the Depot tonight?? At the depot from 5-8 pm
...and Dinner at the Depot too?

Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
I can't say I'm shocked they've been banned in Cobb.

The city of Atlanta was very strict on them until recently -- they were not allowed on public property and couldn't operate within 200 feet of a bricks-and-mortar restaurant.

The odd thing is that food trucks have been very successful OTP. No doubt Cobb has their reasons, however.

Quote:
“It’s just a frustrating, time-consuming, expensive process,” Smith [president of the Atlanta Street Food Coalition] said.

The city of Atlanta has some of the toughest rules.

A lot of the vendors are moving out into the suburbs as a result, including Will Turner, owner/operator of The Blaxican, which serves Mexican soul food.

“Ninety-five percent of the business I do now is outside of the Perimeter,” Turner said at the Dec. 16 workshop where vendors offered ideas to Atlanta officials. It’s easier to get permits in cities such as Dunwoody, Smyrna, Alpharetta and Suwanee, he said.

More...Atlanta's food goes mobile - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old 07-13-2014, 09:34 AM

Well, now I REALLY don't believe you...

Quote:
Atlanta Galleria Office Park
Jul 8 at 7:37am

Happy Food Truck Tuesday! For lunch today we have Happy Belly Truck, Sweet Auburn BBQ, Buen Provecho Truck and Yumbii, with dessert from King of Pops. Also visiting today is GG's Fashion Forward, the fashion mobile chock full of clothing, shoes & accessories. In the Galleria Gardens from 11-2. Enjoy!

Old 07-13-2014, 12:47 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Collard greens all day every day any day and twice on Sunday!!!!!

LOL, amen, and today is Sunday. I'm taking it that you're going to need more than one helping for dinner.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:53 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
Just left the festival and it was a little too disorganized for my taste. Too many folks and too little food trucks. It took at least 30 minutes to order anything. Also the food trucks have too many menu items, which creates indecisive customers. Next year the need to double the amount of trucks, and make it cash only. Dogwood has twice as many people and it didn't take 30 minutes to get a beer. I hope it will be better next year.
It could have been better planned but what can't. I'm kind of laid back on weekends so I was okay with it. I just go with the flow. I'm kind of laughing to myself because I can tell you're vexed that you're weren't getting your beer fast enough to cool you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta