Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 07:59 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,129,570 times

Advertisements

Don't watch much TV, so I barely know who Paul Ossmann is---just that he was a weather person on 11 Alive. Got fired recently after many years. Not sure why. But was fascinated by this article:

Former 11 Alive weather forecaster Paul Ossmann has had a rough summer | Radio & TV Talk

He declared bankruptcy in February. His $900,00 home was foreclosed last month. And all this was BEFORE he lost his job! I've seen estimates that a weather person in the Atlanta TV market can earn $225,000 a year! Atlanta isn't that expensive a city to live in, so shouldn't that salary go pretty far? Of course, the home is four times his salary, which isn't a good thing---but still......

To think that my husband and I have been able to survive (to our way of thinking, thrive!) on a combined $80,000 salary---and not go into bankruptcy/foreclosure. Do you think this sort of thing happens all over, or is it just that Atlanta is overly into status and people living above their means, even when their means are substantial?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
WHEW! I was afraid this was going to be another Russ Minchew incident -- the former 11 Alive weatherman who was busted in the late '80s (or early '90s?) for soliciting sex from little boys down in Columbus. Sounds like Paul just fell on hard times, maybe made some bad investments. It happens, and often leads to relatiionship problems as well. Too bad. He's a genuinely nice guy.

Having worked in the industry, I can asure you he wouldn't have talked to the media unless he thought it would help his job hunt. Like any business, we respect and take care of our own. It's all the bizarre scandals involving Atlanta media personalities that DON'T ever get talked about that would really blow your mind: The WAGA reporter who used to go to The Eagle gay bar wearing leather chaps (and nothing else) to have S&M sessions in "the back room"; the WSB reporter caught running down a Midtown street bare-ass naked tweaked out of his mind on meth; the AJC reporter discovered passed out drunk and naked inside a dumpster behind a Buckhead bar.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 22,563 times
I have documentation to emails, text messages, and pictures that indicate his divorce had nothing to do with finances. His wife, in an effort to protect their 2 teenage sons, refused to go public with Paul's infidelity issues and his fantasies of seeing his wife with another man. He went so far as to send nude pictures of her (that she had posed for as an anniversary gift for him) to other potential men in hopes that they would seduce her and tell her about it. My wife was one of the multiple women he attempted to seduce which is why I have all of this documentation. He was careless enough to not only brag about how many affairs he had had, but also to send nude pictures of the women he claimed to have had seduced and also of his genitalia to my wife. I could go on and on. In fact, one time Paul was text messaging my wife when the camera cut over to him live for a weather update, cell phone still in hand. All of the previous is based on Paul's own words via hundreds of texts, Facebook messages, emails, and pictures, the following is my opinion.......the man has a serious sex addiction and needs to get help. I think it was pretty cowardly to throw his wife under the bus regarding the divorce, even going so far as to be on the Dr. Drew show, claiming that his divorce was the result of his financial issues and HER mismanagement of money. My understanding is that she had for years tried to get a job to help their finances but he refused to let her, preferring to turn a blind eye to their financial woes and to also keep her under his control while completely being uninvolved in his sons lives.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:27 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,377,694 times
The Paul Ossman story is back from 2011. He's back on television serving up the weather for CBS Atlanta (channel 46 I think).

Old 09-02-2014, 10:55 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,784,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
WHEW! I was afraid this was going to be another Russ Minchew incident -- the former 11 Alive weatherman who was busted in the late '80s (or early '90s?) for soliciting sex from little boys down in Colombus.
From what I rember, a kid or someone made the accusation, and later admitted it was not true. But, the damage was done, and his career in Atlanta was over. True, or not, something to think about when reading or writing about "what I heard about..."

Old 11-17-2014, 03:39 AM

1 posts, read 21,714 times
Default Ossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscreteNDuluth View Post
I have documentation to emails, text messages, and pictures that indicate his divorce had nothing to do with finances. His wife, in an effort to protect their 2 teenage sons, refused to go public with Paul's infidelity issues and his fantasies of seeing his wife with another man. He went so far as to send nude pictures of her (that she had posed for as an anniversary gift for him) to other potential men in hopes that they would seduce her and tell her about it. My wife was one of the multiple women he attempted to seduce which is why I have all of this documentation. He was careless enough to not only brag about how many affairs he had had, but also to send nude pictures of the women he claimed to have had seduced and also of his genitalia to my wife. I could go on and on. In fact, one time Paul was text messaging my wife when the camera cut over to him live for a weather update, cell phone still in hand. All of the previous is based on Paul's own words via hundreds of texts, Facebook messages, emails, and pictures, the following is my opinion.......the man has a serious sex addiction and needs to get help. I think it was pretty cowardly to throw his wife under the bus regarding the divorce, even going so far as to be on the Dr. Drew show, claiming that his divorce was the result of his financial issues and HER mismanagement of money. My understanding is that she had for years tried to get a job to help their finances but he refused to let her, preferring to turn a blind eye to their financial woes and to also keep her under his control while completely being uninvolved in his sons lives.
He seems to be doing well. It's unfortunate, that the woman is always blamed. But why would you be discreet if he was seducing your wife? Does he have discreet information on you as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta