Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 10:26 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Stop feeding and giving validity into the foolishness. Yes, Keith Parker does still ride the train for a fact...
Good for him! It is no easy trek down to Dunwoody.

Great way to stay in touch with the system, however, and I think all senior management should ride on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 10:33 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Good for him! It is no easy trek down to Dunwoody.

Great way to stay in touch with the system, however, and I think all senior management should ride on a regular basis.
It's a 15 minute one seat ride from Lindbergh center. I wonder if he has security with him?

Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
It's a 15 minute one seat ride from Lindbergh center. I wonder if he has security with him?
Im sure he does. Their name is either Glock, Taurus, or Smith and Wesson. They work security all over the world lol.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:38 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Im sure he does. Their name is either Glock, Taurus, or Smith and Wesson. They work security all over the world lol.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:45 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Yeah, but that's after you get to the station and park. Traffic up in that neck of the woods can be a zoo.

As to security who knows? As I recall crime on that section of the system is very low.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:15 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,048,359 times
It would never occur to me that he is such a public figure that he would need security. For what?

Quote:

Old 01-16-2015, 11:34 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
He talks big and can make good looking schedules, but none of that means anything if the schedules are never met! My gold line train is now over 20 minutes late at five points with literally a dozen airport trains having come and gone. What kind of incompetent moron is running MARTA? It's a sealed system, any problems are their own making and ultimately, it's the CEO that's in charge. It's time for Keith Parker to go and bring someone in who will walk the walk as well as talking the talk!
Your are reaching if your this angry then you couldn't live here in NY where sometimes lines aren't running on weekends where there's delays etc

Old 01-16-2015, 12:02 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Doubtful. He wouldn't be able to ride a train in that case since they're not allowed.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,131,048 times
> Operating deficit to operating surplus
> Transit-oriented developments in the pipeline
> Crime rates significantly down ("Ride with Respect")
> First new county to join MARTA since its inception (Clayton)
> Train frequencies improved overall, especially at rush hour
> Some cut or curtailed services restored
> MARTOC goes from hostile to welcoming
> Ridership is up systemwide

Yet
> One train ends up delayed for 20 minutes
> Does not check MARTA's website or apps for possible alerts

Therefore
> Call for the dismissal of the best GM MARTA's had in years

I just read the OP again and it doesn't make any more sense than it did when I read it a few hours ago.

- skbl17

Old 01-16-2015, 12:26 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,504,544 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Doubtful. He wouldn't be able to ride a train in that case since they're not allowed.
Actually, I think that firearms are allowed on MARTA now, per Georgia State Law.

I think there have been at least a couple of dust-ups over the last seven years or so between MARTA and the State of Georgia and between the City of Atlanta and the State of Georgia when state government first passed a law allowing license holders to carry firearms on mass transit and in airports in 2008, then reaffirmed that law with further expansions of weapon/firearm carry privileges in 2014.

The 2008 state law allowed firearm permit holders to carry a concealed weapon on public transit and in airports.

The 2014 state law allowed firearm permit holders to openly carry weapons on public transit and in airports and made it illegal for law enforcement to ask to see a weapons permit just for the sole purpose of asking someone to see a weapons permit alone.

Firearms allowed aboard Georgia's transit system - Management & Operations - Metro Magazine

But WanderingImport is right that weapons were not allowed on public transit in the state of Georgia before 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta