Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
If you want a government that pushes big box retail at places like Glenwood and Lindbergh, COA is your ticket.
all the suburban governments have a done great making sure they build dense, walkable developments.
Fuqua found a loophole because the beltline overlay zoning was never made law. The city didn't want to get sued. I am upset about this decision too, but don't act like Cobb or gwinett counties have prevented big box development as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
all the suburban governments have a done great making sure they build dense, walkable developments.
Fuqua found a loophole because the beltline overlay zoning was never made law. The city didn't want to get sued. I am upset about this decision too, but don't act like Cobb or gwinett counties have prevented big box development as well.
Is CoA going to try and make it law now?

Old 02-01-2015, 09:43 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Of those five, here is my predicted most-to-least likely in order:

Lavista Hills
Tucker
Sharon Springs
Greenhaven
South Fulton
I'm not seeing much support for LaVista Hills in the meetings or in the surveys. If the vote was today it would be to stay unincorporated.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:55 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Fuqua found a loophole because the beltline overlay zoning was never made law. The city didn't want to get sued.
Well, getting sued isn't the end of the world. Sometimes you have to take a stand and let the courts sort it out. At Lindbergh it's my understanding the city decided to change the zoning to allow big box. In Grant park I don't why they hadn't updated the zoning.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:26 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, getting sued isn't the end of the world. Sometimes you have to take a stand and let the courts sort it out. At Lindbergh it's my understanding the city decided to change the zoning to allow big box. In Grant park I don't why they hadn't updated the zoning.

I hope that's not true.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:34 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,122,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post

I hope that's not true.
This would've been over a decade ago when tGOAT mayor Bill Campbell was in charge.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:54 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post

I hope that's not true.
No, the opposite is true. The NPU is getting their way.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:02 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
No, the opposite is true. The NPU is getting their way.
Good to know. Any new development that occurs by Lindbergh wouldn't be suitable for the big box-esque type.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:05 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Is CoA going to try and make it law now?
I think they're in the process of doing that.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:10 PM

468 posts, read 583,287 times
Is this UN Agenda 21? Please go to You tube and look up Rosie Korie who is an expert on UN Agenda 21 "smart growth" "Sustainability" "Open space growth" which is nothing more than Globalist foreign interest dictating to N.W.O. DC how to cram people into small areas whereas in the US, whereas the likes of Ted Turner, Bill Gates and the uber rich in general can and do buy thousand of acres of land as opposed to leaving those "Open spaces" for public use.
Please educate yourself on UN Agenda 21 aka smart growth which is nothing more than a land grab by the uber rich.

Also under UN Agenda 21 "Open spaces" are " Federal government owned" as opposed to State/People owned and as we have seen the Feds keep people out of areas under the threat of gun in the name of secret and security which in reality is not supposed to be secret nor is it in the best interest of the American people. Like the huge NSA complex in Utah, how is data mining the whole world/USA the best interest of everyone? it isn't it is "hyper control freaks" of uber rich which now is one and the same as our supposed "elected" official.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta