Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 08:21 PM

9 posts, read 8,110 times

Advertisements

We moved to Towne Lake area of Woodstock in May of 2014
Job in Kennesaw about 3-4 miles further south than the university.
I find it to be an easy commute and often go down 575 to Chastain or the back roads
via Bells Ferry. 20 minutes 90% of the time. I leave around 7-7:15

We are very happy in Woodstock. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 09:03 PM

29 posts, read 60,675 times
Thanks for the continued info everyone! I will take another look at Kennesaw/Marietta area, just to see if a 2nd look shines new light. Based on what I'm reading, I guess I should stop looking at Dallas/Hiram/PS.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:55 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumMonkey View Post
Thanks for the continued info everyone! I will take another look at Kennesaw/Marietta area, just to see if a 2nd look shines new light. Based on what I'm reading, I guess I should stop looking at Dallas/Hiram/PS.
Yeah, Dallas/Hiram/PS would be a bad commute.

My sister and her family used to live outside of Cartersville in White, just east of the GA 20 & I-75 exit. My brother in law drove to Wade Green in Kennesaw, and unless something really bad happened on the freeway he said it was a snap most days - like 20 minutes. There are a lot of semis, but it moves pretty fast until the last couple of miles.

If you already like it out there, this area may be just what you are looking for. It was a subdivision with very large lots, with pretty spacious multi-story homes. Not all of the lots were built on, and most backed up to wooded areas. It was pretty exurban, with lot's of room. A nice plus is that Red Top Mountain State Park and Lake Allatoona are 10 minutes away. Sorry I don't have any details on the name or exact location, but the prices were shockingly low to me. I live in town so it's all relative, but the prices were fantastic - and this was before the recession. As I mentioned, this area is east of I-75 & GA 20 about a mile east of the interchange, and north of GA 20.

Good luck!

Old 02-03-2015, 05:56 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,619 times
Cartersville: Charming town center with a good independent school system ala Decatur. The commute to north Cobb would not be bad, either (You would get off of I-75 before the real gridlock begins.) The other cities you mentioned in Cobb and Cherokee would be a second choice. The drive from interstate-less Paulding County over choked county roads would be horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta