Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 01:13 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuiOui View Post
Thanks! April is looking like a very fun month.
And I'm well aware of Taste of Marietta.. my partner is a chef, and he was schedule to work Taste the day after my son was born. Needless to say, he had to get someone else to work for him. He can pretty much never do Taste of Marietta anymore because it's always on/around our lil one's bday LOL.

We'll probably make it out to Beltline Boil, Beer Carnival, and Kennesaw Fest!
You have to go to the Dogwood and Inman Park Festival. Those are some of the biggest festivals in Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 01:38 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
You have to go to the Dogwood and Inman Park Festival. Those are some of the biggest festivals in Atlanta

Dogwood is a boring festival to me. I get that it's a rite of spring, but it's just never really done it for me. Inman Park I dig though.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:49 PM

371 posts, read 456,849 times
I have an issue with fainting, made worse by heat & large crowds. If it's not too hot out, I'll consider Dogwood or Inman Park Fest.
I passed out in the middle of the street while attending the Red Bull Soap Box Race a few years back. Luckily a medic scooped me up and carted me off to the medical tent/cooling station.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:56 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
I have an issue with fainting, made worse by heat & large crowds. If it's not too hot out, I'll consider Dogwood or Inman Park Fest.
I passed out in the middle of the street while attending the Red Bull Soap Box Race a few years back. Luckily a medic scooped me up and carted me off to the medical tent/cooling station.
It's not hard to grab a shady spot at Inman Park for the parade, one of our best each year in my opinion. Check across from the Trolley Barn on that nice brick wall that is perfect sitting territory.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:59 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,960 times
Quote:
I had 2 ladies fall out at the last festival I put together. Never had it happen before.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Dogwood is a boring festival to me. I get that it's a rite of spring, but it's just never really done it for me. Inman Park I dig though.
It's a big free festival. ..

Old 03-16-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
It's plenty of trees at both festivals

Old 03-16-2015, 06:41 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,528 times
Can you explain to a newcomer what the Inman Park Fest is and when? I'm coming from Suwanee. . . any suggestions for parking?

Thanks,

Alley

Old 03-16-2015, 07:36 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,315,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Funny, it is just the opposite for me. I enjoy Dogwood due to the art show. They get some pretty high quality artists in there. Inman Park is a fun street environment but the exhibitors don't really scratch any itches for me.

I am quite fond of the art festival that runs along the park on Ponce, near the Paideia School, though I can't remember the time of year or the name of it, just that it was extremely hot the last time we went! Edit: I guess that's the Festival on Ponce!

Very much looking forward to checking out the Taste of Marietta, now that we live within walking distance.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:51 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
Can you explain to a newcomer what the Inman Park Fest is and when? I'm coming from Suwanee. . . any suggestions for parking?

Thanks,

Alley
On street parking is limited and congested. I would suggest taking MARTA, there is a circulator shuttle around the outside perimeter of the festival that stops at Inman Park/Reynoldstown station. We always walk the 1.5 miles from our house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta