Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 05:30 AM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times

Advertisements

Are you into Softball? Bowling? Rugby? Water Polo? Atlanta has gay leagues for all of these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 06:35 PM

81 posts, read 92,280 times
I'm looking for friends as well. Been here almost two years and had little success. I'm 30 and stay in dunwoody. Pm me

Old 09-17-2015, 07:23 PM

7 posts, read 9,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Are you into Softball? Bowling? Rugby? Water Polo? Atlanta has gay leagues for all of these.

Unfortunately, I am not...at least not enough to be part of a league anyway. But that was a good suggestion as these leagues could open doors for many other gay men.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:40 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Atlanta has such a large gay population that just doing "regular" stuff should give you access to gay networks and such.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:13 AM

283 posts, read 360,655 times
I think the gay community is generally pretty cliquey anyway. And if you live in the suburbs then you mine as well be on Mars in their minds. I've had guys tell me that they wouldn't be friends with me because I didn't live in midtown and a 20 minute drive was just "too far."

I think your best bet is to let things just happen naturally. It'll take a very long time, though. I've found meetups and such very forced and didn't feel right. Sometimes you can find people through work.

Someone did post the question above, do they have to be gay? For me, I'd rather just have friends.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:05 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,038,285 times
I'm sure friends don't all have to be gay, but it is nice to have some like-minded friends to hang out with.

There is a gay organization in Atlanta for just about any interest you might have. There is a gay men's chorus, a classic car club, gay festivals, all kinds of sports that have all levels from beginner to advanced, card/game clubs, etc. The gay newspapers and magazines used to be a good place to find these things but I'm not sure that is still true. Do you like camping? There is a great gay/clothing optional campground about an hour from Atlanta that's really popular: The River's Edge ~ Dewy Rose, GA

The M4M sites are mostly about sex, but there are people just looking to meet someone too...and I definitely think that you can meet quality people in bars/clubs - they aren't all there looking for a quickie. There are also many ways to volunteer your time for gay causes, festivals, fund raisers, etc, and that seems like a good way to meet people as well. Maybe hang out in a Midtown coffee shop? All it takes is to meet one person that knows a lot of people and you're in, but I know it's hard to do sometimes. Don't give up.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:51 AM

84 posts, read 105,863 times
Awww, you're just looking for gay male friends? How about gay female friends??

Old 09-21-2015, 01:12 PM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsthejam View Post
Awww, you're just looking for gay male friends? How about gay female friends??
Is there a problem? I see nothing wrong with his inquiry.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:32 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funandlaughs View Post
Dearest Atlanta city data forum posters,

Just been doing some thinking. I am in my late 20’s and would like to make more friends who are like me-male and gay. There always seem to be people who are ‘in the know’ and I would like to know where guys find their gay male friends. I am aware of many gay hot spots being in Atlanta but I am curious if there are any in the suburbs that are not well known. I saw a web site of a gay club in Marietta long ago but it has been closed.

Fellas, are clubs the best way to meet guys? I have tried looking into the meetup web site but notice the groups are mostly older white men. I find it hard to relate to these men as well as the witchy queens (sorry just my experience) found in Blakes. Bulldogs wasn’t witchy but from the times I went found that it wasn’t my scene either. Should I try other clubs such as Jungle? Am I being a little naïve to think that I can find quality friends in clubs? Are there other options besides clubs and meet-up? I am not in university right now, nor do I attend church.

I know I may have asked for a lot…just curious about your experiences and what you’ve done. Perhaps your advice can help me think outside the box or give me the reality check I may need.

Yours truly,
Sleepless in the suburbs (So cheesy but I hope that gave you a laugh)
Hey, there's another gay guy on this forum that just moved to ATL and keeps coming on here asking about how to meet other male gays...you need to get up with him.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:29 PM

84 posts, read 105,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Is there a problem? I see nothing wrong with his inquiry.
Hush, I'm trying to make gay friends too. Just inquiring to his inquiry to see; gee willickers, can't I make gay male friends too? Nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta