Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 10:58 AM

5 posts, read 3,384 times

Advertisements

hi everyone! I need help! We are relocating to atlanta. My two daughters (4 y/o and 18 months) my husband and I. Im completely lost and scared! I do not know where to look for houses. I've been looking in douglasville, acworth, marietta, kenesaw etc our budget is max $1300 monthly . 3 bed works for us. My husband's office will be in marietta but he will be working all around atlanta he only goes to the office on mondays. The most important thing for me is a safe neighborhood and safe and good schools since my oldest daughter goes to prek this upcoming year. And a nice house wouldnt bother me either Im looking for a family oriented neighborhood and most of all SAFE! I've had some many people telling me a thousand different things so im really confused! If anyone has a realtor's name that can help me with this please send me the contact info. We live in a really nice neighborhood here in miami so i dont want that to change. Anything that you might think that can help me please just write it and tell me!
Thank you in advance!
Ps: we are planning to move around the firsts days of november:2015
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 11:34 AM

36 posts, read 31,364 times
This is where we just found our new rental in Acworth, it's a great search site. We are moving in Nov 1st.

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/...1300/?sortId=1

Hope this helps, good luck

Old 09-24-2015, 12:49 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
Well, welcome to Atlanta! I lived in Kendall, too, a few years before I moved to Atlanta, so I know what your used to and have a pretty good idea of what you're looking for. Are you looking specifically for a house, or are you willing to look at 3-BR townhomes until you find something more permanent? Unfortunately, the $1,300 isn't going to go too far in the top-notch school districts -- for example, I ran a quick search for homes and condos in the top school districts over on that side of town (Walton HS, Lassiter HS, Roswell HS, Riverwood HS) just to see what the prices were in that area. Nothing was below $1,400. However, if you're willing to be a little flexible as far as area, there are certainly safe areas in good school districts that are worth a look.

Keep in mind, thought, that the rental market in Atlanta is VERY much "here today, rented today" -- the homes in good school districts simply do not last more than a few days at most, and many have multiple applications.

In addition to any of the major websites (Realtor.com, zillow/trulia, any of the major real estate companies such as Keller Williams, Coldwell Banker, etc.) you might also want to visit Hotpads.com. PM me if you want some information on specific areas.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:25 PM

Thank you so much! I would love a house instead of a townhouse so i dont mind going a little further. We live around 28 miles away from my husband's office. He takes aeound 45 min to get there. His job provides him with a car and pays for gas so we dont have to worry about that. Hes being tranfered so everyrhing remains the same. How is douglasville? , alpharetta? Regarding schools and neighborhood?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:22 PM

16,699 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2805 View Post
hi everyone! I need help! We are relocating to atlanta. My two daughters (4 y/o and 18 months) my husband and I. Im completely lost and scared! I do not know where to look for houses. I've been looking in douglasville, acworth, marietta, kenesaw etc our budget is max $1300 monthly . 3 bed works for us. My husband's office will be in marietta but he will be working all around atlanta he only goes to the office on mondays. The most important thing for me is a safe neighborhood and safe and good schools since my oldest daughter goes to prek this upcoming year. And a nice house wouldnt bother me either Im looking for a family oriented neighborhood and most of all SAFE! I've had some many people telling me a thousand different things so im really confused! If anyone has a realtor's name that can help me with this please send me the contact info. We live in a really nice neighborhood here in miami so i dont want that to change. Anything that you might think that can help me please just write it and tell me!
Thank you in advance!
Ps: we are planning to move around the firsts days of november:2015
office in which part of Marietta?

Old 09-28-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Truckers Blvd SE, Marietta, GA 30067

Old 09-28-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
It doesn't have to be so close to the office since he only goes to the office on mondays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta