Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 07:11 AM

1,054 posts, read 926,466 times

Advertisements

Yes, we deserve lower taxes, excellent schools, good public amenities and the F°cling Braves with world class restaurants and concert hall 2 Miles away! Excellent point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 07:17 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,914,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
Yes, we deserve lower taxes, excellent schools, good public amenities and the F°cling Braves with world class restaurants and concert hall 2 Miles away! Excellent point
Haha. Keep feeding that ego. Only $400M tax dollars for the Braves (and unlimited liability to tax payers if the numbers don't pan out), understaffed police force, and a lot of upcoming infrastructure mainence costs. Taxes are already lower in uni-Fulton.

We will see how well Cobb's obsession with one-upping CoA really works out in the long run.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:23 AM

LOL, you butthurt ITP snobs claiming Ego!. Rich.

Turning over a new leaf?. You havent exhibited a sense of humor here before!. Keep it up

Old 05-13-2016, 07:34 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,957,858 times
Quote:
Funny how you expect to have those things, but taxes pay for them. I can tell you that there is a brain drain inside DOT because of the low pay. DOT trains the employees then once they have certifications, etc. they go to other jurisdictions that pay more. The public amenities will suffer because of it unless you pay the government employees more competitive wages.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:48 AM

I've seen you post about that several times, I take it you are speaking from experience Holt, if we look, where will we see this impacting us today? (sincerely, want to know)

Old 05-13-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
LOL, you butthurt ITP snobs claiming Ego!. Rich.

Turning over a new leaf?. You havent exhibited a sense of humor here before!. Keep it up
So witty you are. Lets just check back in and see where this pridefulness has gotten Cobb in a couple decades.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:59 AM

We'll expect you to post your mea culpas when Cumberland is thriving.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:08 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,646,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Voters in Cobb County may not have liked how the Braves' stadium deal was put together in secret using public money.

But it does seem likely that they will give Tim Lee a pass because to many Cobb County voters, especially those that may not have much of a strong liking for the City of Atlanta, it felt like Cobb one-upped the City of Atlanta by luring the Braves out of Atlanta to a stadium site outside of the I-285 Perimeter.

To many Cobb residents (particularly some of the older and longtime Cobb residents who may be somewhat more Atlanta-averse), luring the Braves out of Atlanta to a site outside of the I-285 Perimeter represents a huge psychological victory over the City of Atlanta, an area which has at times in the past been viewed much more as a foe than a neighbor.

Many conservative Cobb residents may not like that the new stadium is being funded with public money, but they do like that Cobb seems to have inflicted a little bit of psychological displeasure on a longtime foe of sorts in the City of Atlanta.
...and this is exactly the type of politics that holds the entire Atlanta metro region back. So far my experience living in Cobb has been pleasurable, but maybe that's because I only live about 2 miles deep into the county (and the low taxes).

Old 05-13-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
We'll expect you to post your mea culpas when Cumberland is thriving.
Already today there is more development going on within a mile of my house in SE Atlanta than there is in Cumberland. But I am sure you will find a way to keep justifying to yourself even as more areas of the metro continue to pull ahead of Cumberland.

I actually ran into my first in-person Cobb-obbsessed-fanboy the other day. He was complaining about traffic, and I responded that is why I took the train. Then asked each other where they lived. He then said "and the Braves stadium is comming soon" in what I though was a negative tone (I know a lot of people that live / work in Cobb that are not looking forward to it, and I assumed he was in the same boat) so I said "yeah that is going to be a disaster" and he got very defensive and went on a monolog about how great it will be when he gets a TacoMac 1.5 miles from his house. I just walked away.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:51 AM

Cumberland is thriving today with many new private investments in the 2 years since the Braces announcement (besides, level of development is fanboy wet dream material, it's better for a few quality projects than unchecked rampant growth, so that is a poor metric) there will be logistics hiccups on those summer evenings when the boys are playing ball the first year, people like you will cackle, the hiccups will be ironed out and the ITP crowd will invent new imagined horrors about the area until 80% of them grow up (you may not). The new new "millenials" will then make fun of YOU, such is the circle of hypocrisy and perceived tribalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta