Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 05:50 PM

994 posts, read 1,543,047 times

Advertisements

Which Cobb County city is growing the fastest? | www.ajc.com

According to new population estimates released Thursday by the United States Census Bureau, the city of Kennesaw gained 3,801 residents between 2010 and 2015. The growth represents a nearly double digit percent change in population — the largest increase seen out of all other Cobb County cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 06:02 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,282,864 times
I wonder how many of those new residents are happy that Kennesaw flies the Confederate flag, right on Main St.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:24 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,323,695 times
I guess gun sales are up too then.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:32 PM

73,102 posts, read 62,746,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I wonder how many of those new residents are happy that Kennesaw flies the Confederate flag, right on Main St.
How many of them even know? I used to live in "mailing address" Kennesaw near Kennesaw State University. I rarely ventured into Kennesaw city limits unless it was necessary. Kennesaw city limits was a joke to me.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:42 PM

32,033 posts, read 36,849,345 times
Quote:
Does the city of Kennesaw do that, or is just that one old crackpot?

Old 05-22-2016, 01:15 PM

10,400 posts, read 11,540,119 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Does the city of Kennesaw do that, or is just that one old crackpot?
I think that it is just that one old guy, Dent "Wildman" Myers, who runs that confederate-themed shop on Main Street in downtown Kennesaw, that flies the confederate flag and not the government of the city of Kennesaw.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
Which Cobb County city is growing the fastest? | www.ajc.com

According to new population estimates released Thursday by the United States Census Bureau, the city of Kennesaw gained 3,801 residents between 2010 and 2015. The growth represents a nearly double digit percent change in population — the largest increase seen out of all other Cobb County cities.
With the presence of the fast-growing Kennesaw State University, the massive cluster of retail amenities along Barrett Parkway and US 41 North Cobb Parkway and the large cluster of industrial, logistics and commercial employers in the area, not to mention the nearby presence of large outdoor recreational areas at Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield Park and Lake Allatoona along with good quality schools, it seems highly appropriate that Kennesaw would be the fastest-growing city in Cobb County at this time.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:44 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,282,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
I think that it is just that one old guy, Dent "Wildman" Myers, who runs that confederate-themed shop on Main Street in downtown Kennesaw, that flies the confederate flag and not the government of the city of Kennesaw.
The Battle Flag also flies 'officially' at the Civil War Locomotive museum right across the street from there.

Not a big deal to me. (But then again, I am white.)

Old 05-22-2016, 03:26 PM

994 posts, read 1,543,047 times
Born2Roll: Absolutely. The numbers speak for themselves. I'd like to see what they are for both 30152 and 30144, which would probably paint an even more optimistic picture. Seems like a good time to invest here, particularly near or convenient to KSU.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
Born2Roll: Absolutely. The numbers speak for themselves. I'd like to see what they are for both 30152 and 30144, which would probably paint an even more optimistic picture. Seems like a good time to invest here, particularly near or convenient to KSU.
I know that the U.S. Census Bureau does not seem to measure population statistics by zip code, but one would have to infer that the growth stats for the unincorporated area of Kennesaw are pretty healthy, particularly since the Kennesaw State University campus lies outside of the corporate limits of the City of Kennesaw in the 30144 part of unincorporated Kennesaw which seems to be one of the major focal points of the growth in the area.

Although one observation about the area is that the Kennesaw area (along with much of the rest of Cobb County as a whole) seems to be pretty close to being completely built-out, particularly when it comes to the development of detached single-family homes. So it seems that much of the population growth that occurs from this point forward will likely have to be generated by higher-density condominium and apartment development....Meaning that new population growth will likely have to be generated by building up instead of out in a Kennesaw area where there no longer necessarily seems to be an overabundance of remaining land to generate a large amount of continued population growth from developments dominated by detached single-family homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: