Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 08:55 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,530,835 times

Advertisements

I hope they expand with more benches and some wifi in the station. All that damn single tracking they do. All that waiting, nowhere to sit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 09:27 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,396,965 times
Thought some of you may find this interesting. From CNN:

Why Trump should make public transit his moonshot - Mar. 6, 2017

Old 03-06-2017, 09:29 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Thought some of you may find this interesting. From CNN:

Why Trump should make public transit his moonshot - Mar. 6, 2017
Where's all those people who say only poor people ride transit?
Quote:
Meanwhile, public transit trips made by riders earning more than $100,000 have more than doubled since 2007. Now 21% of all rides are made by people earning over $100,000 -- the same percentage comprised of people making under $15,000. Slightly more than half of public public riders have a bachelor's degree or more education.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:14 AM

Fulton County Transit Master Plan
https://atlantaregional.org/wp-conte...ansit-plan.pdf

Old 10-23-2017, 11:29 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,270,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Gotta love more studies, plans, committees, surveys, meetings, discussions, pdf's, blah blah blah, endlessly year after year. Never actually any groundbreaking, timeline, or even a firm commitment on anything.

And no commuter rail even mentioned anywhere in that. I would think CRT would be perfect for South Fulton.

Most of their conclusions at the bottom are "frequent local bus". Which means a bus, not even with dedicated lanes or anything. Hint: no one will ride that.

An HRT extension south of the airport would be good, but I'm doubtful that's more than a pipe dream.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:43 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,125,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Gotta love more studies, plans, committees, surveys, meetings, discussions, pdf's, blah blah blah, endlessly year after year. Never actually any groundbreaking, timeline, or even a firm commitment on anything.
No bucks = No Buck Rodgers.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:

And no commuter rail even mentioned anywhere in that. I would think CRT would be perfect for South Fulton.

Most of their conclusions at the bottom are "frequent local bus". Which means a bus, not even with dedicated lanes or anything. Hint: no one will ride that.

An HRT extension south of the airport would be good, but I'm doubtful that's more than a pipe dream.
CRT would be a fit for South Fulton, but come'on we all know the focus is on North Fulton.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:44 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,563,537 times
Quote:

Hey man, it's the Atlanta way apparently. Talk & hype it up in place of actual accomplishments. Amazing really.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:38 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,697,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
CRT would be a fit for South Fulton, but come'on we all know the focus is on North Fulton.
I have to admit that I'm a little confused as to how they selected S. Fulton Pkwy for, well, anything, really. It's pretty much the least dense part of the county, and, even if you included TOD for each station along it, I just can't see anything more than maybe frequent buses being needed.

They did consider I-85 S for heavy rail, which isn't terrible (though one wonders how that would work with Airport Station), though I share the concern with y'all as to why commuter rail wasn't considered at all. The Palmetto -> East Point route ties in nicely with the Clayton CRT route that will likely be selected, while also setting up for wider service down to Newnan. It also hits far more 'likely riders' than S. Fulton Parkway does.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
I have to admit that I'm a little confused as to how they selected S. Fulton Pkwy for, well, anything, really. It's pretty much the least dense part of the county, and, even if you included TOD for each station along it, I just can't see anything more than maybe frequent buses being needed.

They did consider I-85 S for heavy rail, which isn't terrible (though one wonders how that would work with Airport Station), though I share the concern with y'all as to why commuter rail wasn't considered at all. The Palmetto -> East Point route ties in nicely with the Clayton CRT route that will likely be selected, while also setting up for wider service down to Newnan. It also hits far more 'likely riders' than S. Fulton Parkway does.
I mean look at Fulton County leadership, they went to Dallas to view 'successful' transit, WTF?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta