Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 07:56 PM

155 posts, read 206,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Care to list these neighborhoods?
O4W,Kirkwood,Reynoldstown,Edgewood,Cabbagetown,Bla ndtown,etc are the neighborhoods off the top of my head right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 09:01 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,322,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
LOL..Stop the buffoonery. You know this country does not care for you when gay rights are more important than black rights. I have no problem with gay people but when they compare Black and Gay rights as equal that really strikes a nerve with me I find that very insulting because no matter how people would like to sugar coat it being gay is an evil spirit. Being black is a blessing that Satans minions have demonized because they're trying to suppress the truth about TRUE,AUTHENTIC HISTORY. I am not going around blasting people for what they do and so on by saying oh you're going to hell and so on and "GOD" hates you.Most of my peers know my stance on the matter I'm not one to back down on my opinions I stand in my own truth. I still treat them like my brothers and sisters though and I still love them but don't force me to like something I don't agree with and definitely don't compare my struggles as a Black Man to a homosexual.
I don't even think you see the irony here. You literally just said the struggles of a homosexual don't compare to a black man, while also spending an entire paragraph saying you don't agree with them and that they are evil spirits. Amazing.

Every struggle is different. There is no blanket "worst" struggle. There are gay kids in this country bullied to suicide. Matthew Shepard was tied to a pole and left to die a slow death because of his homosexuality. You sound ignorant and ridiculous trying to brush off the struggle gay people face as insignificant. Please let me know when states are trying to outlaw the ability of black people to get married.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:05 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,322,238 times
Quote:
It is only offensive and stupid to those who don't understand or have racial issues themselves. First and foremost it's a movie promotion. If gentrification isn't about race then why is it that they tend to build in predominantly black areas pushing blacks out of their historic neighborhoods rather than just gentrifying it without the high costs? Like I tell people Truth is the new hate speech and people rather deny truth and live lies. It's not offensive and stupid it's informed and brilliant because it is a billboard that did its job to grab people's attention.
Gentrification is about income and crime. Race is often a confounding factor because lower income and higher crime neighborhoods are predominantly African American. If you look on the surface it seems that whites are displacing blacks, but it's more complicated than that. It's all about income and safety. That's it. Plenty of affluent black people "push out" poor white people just the same, it's just less common.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:47 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,530,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
The teachers or APS aren't cheating the students out of the anything, a lot of the students were doomed before they even stepped foot in a class room, stop blaming teachers for everything.
This is the exact thing I said almost word for word. This aint LEAN ON ME. Those teachers know what kids will learn and which ones wont. Regardless of bad schools and bad teacher we need to refocus this threat. Black people are being pushed out of their neighborhoods because their neighborhoods are now desired by non blacks. What is it about this land that they want that the blacks didnt see before? Why is it that black people are not valuing their neighborhoods until non blacks take it over. What makes an area a target for gentrification and how can the people who live these area prevent it?

Old 02-27-2017, 06:48 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times
Quote:
It is only offensive and stupid to those who don't understand or have racial issues themselves. First and foremost it's a movie promotion. If gentrification isn't about race then why is it that they tend to build in predominantly black areas pushing blacks out of their historic neighborhoods rather than just gentrifying it without the high costs? Like I tell people Truth is the new hate speech and people rather deny truth and live lies. It's not offensive and stupid it's informed and brilliant because it is a billboard that did its job to grab people's attention.
Actually many of the neighborhoods have gone thru at least 1 other racial changes. First going from prominently white to prominently black, during white flight of the mid-20th century.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
LOL..Stop the buffoonery. You know this country does not care for you when gay rights are more important than black rights. I have no problem with gay people but when they compare Black and Gay rights as equal that really strikes a nerve with me I find that very insulting because no matter how people would like to sugar coat it being gay is an evil spirit. Being black is a blessing that Satans minions have demonized because they're trying to suppress the truth about TRUE,AUTHENTIC HISTORY. I am not going around blasting people for what they do and so on by saying oh you're going to hell and so on and "GOD" hates you.Most of my peers know my stance on the matter I'm not one to back down on my opinions I stand in my own truth. I still treat them like my brothers and sisters though and I still love them but don't force me to like something I don't agree with and definitely don't compare my struggles as a Black Man to a homosexual.
I dont know why the WHITE LGBT folks do this. All my Black LGBT people I hang out with dont co sign everything they say. This is why I feel like I do. The White LGBT they are the main ones dissing the Christians but they stay clear of Muslims, the main ones pushing for this everyone should use the same restroom agenda. Black LGBT know these things are not for them and they have told me this. Several Black LGBT had said they dont agree with the bathroom thing. They even give the example of results of a Black trans man going into a woman's bathroom. White people are terrified of such a thing and I dont fault them for it. The White LGBT and the Black LGBT are way different. I know because the stuff I see here and the stuff I see in real life with my black LGBT coworkers and family (wife's sister is lesbian) does not match. White LGBT try to be the spokesmen for all LGBT when they actually are not. I wont even touch the Gay is the new Black conversation or white female feminist agenda either. People really cant figure out why Trump got elected? And someone called me DUMB like a 5 year old? If I had an issue with LGBT why am I am playing spades with them every other weekend? Why do we go out bowling all the time? Why I help my LGBT friends when they need me? Just helped a gay dude paint one of his bedrooms YESTERDAY in Vine City-English Ave, but if you dont agree with white LGBT and their disruptive behaviors you are homophobic. Thats the conclusion they always jump to. I tell some of my black LGBT Christian folks some of the stuff I read here and they say "its not that serious"

Matthew Shepard vs Emmitt Till and thousands of black males lynched from 1900-1970. Yea we have the SAME struggle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchi..._United_States. This what YOUR people did.

Last edited by 0nyxStation; 02-27-2017 at 07:31 AM..

Old 02-27-2017, 07:17 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,355,191 times
Quote:
O4W,Kirkwood,Reynoldstown,Edgewood,Cabbagetown,Bla ndtown,etc are the neighborhoods off the top of my head right now.
Of the ones you have listed only Reynoldstown was a historic Black Neighborhood. The others were majority working class Whites until about 1970ish depending on the neighborhood. History didn't start in 1970.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:18 AM

This message is hidden because cqholt is on your ignore list.

Sorry fam dont waste your time.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:28 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,355,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
wait a second

if administrators have failed means the resources are not going to the child. which still makes it a money issue. So ironically if The administration may need changing it's because they're not teaching well and spending the money properly.

Have ever actually been to as a student and actually walk the halls of a inner city school compare to a more upper middle class suburban? there a huge difference.

Also blaming "parent" have basically evolved into say for conservatives trying to say they don't give ****. As if because the parents are bad it's the child fault. Yes parents should better but what if the aren't.... shoulder shrugs?

unfortunately you can't make people be better parents but for the sake of society that child needs to succeed.

--------------------

"There is nobody else to blame. " here the thing racism doesn't come from no where. A lot of racist white nationalists have a view that everybody minorities and a lot of whites hate and blames white. And from that irrational view they become antipathetic and racist.

That's why it's difficult to repond to you cause your comprehending everything as an attack on white people. In which all you response are "defending" something nobody is attacking.

Example

And really clear during

That's the 60's and 70's.

You basically just said racism wasn't a huge issue during the civil right era... and all the huge racial tension of people trying defend jim crow during the 60's. just vanish by 70's.

Wow..... we can have subjective debate about racism in 2017 fine.................. but You just said racism wasn't a issue when racism overtly was issue at end of Jim crow south... just wow. I gave you several changes for you realize you comparing current white flight to white flight at the hills of Jim crow. You kept saying nothing has change and it has nothing to do with race.

Black white, Asian, no racial group is guilty or innocence of anything. but because people are individuals, and often people talking collectives who do wrong are victim of the time.

But your response are white basically are innocent of everything, and everybody is blaming white. because it's the racist scope you see the world.

example

I said the issue is with developers.......... you read it as blaming white people.

0nyxStation said it's a funding education issue....... you read it as blaming white people.

Because anything that has "black" or black people misfortune you turn into a defense white people like it's a race war or some crap. And this defense is so strong your now excusing actual racism of the jim crow era as not racism.

Seriously dude I said gentrification in Atlanta partly the fault of the black city leaders fault, you focus on this like it's blaming white people.

I said this in another thread long ago, after the civil war racist weren't just these bigoted people who hated people for no reason who believe they just were better then other people. They thought they have rational explanation for it they thought they defending white people.

They thought black and minorities were going take there jobs. They thought black and minorities were going rape women and murder them, they thought black and minorities were going to use and slow them down. Racist use that logic.

All of this ignore that are other fellow American. They don't see it as other Americans that should be supported to make America stronger.

Your ironically you here to blame you don't care about a resolution. your here because the thread says "black" and in your mind minorities blame everything on white. And want to blame everything on minorities. Cause to you apparently if it was a black issue then you don't suppose care. you don't care about these children having success or not, you don't care about these people being priced out because of gentrification or them reaching upward mobility.
You seem to not be able to understand this. When I said:

Quote:
Nothing has changed from 40-50 years ago until now. Parents who care about their children want to live in an area with great schools.
What this means is be it 1960, 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010, 2017, etc most people are not going to keep their children in schools that are starting to crumble. So they will move to somewhere that has good performing schools. That isn't racism. That is caring about your children. The SAME goes today as it did in any other decade. Parents who value their kids education will move to where there are good schools. This is nothing new and has been going on forever. When someone makes an initial post on here 9 times out of 10 what do they ask about? Areas with good schools. Are those people being racist in 2017 asking about where to move to get their kids in a good school system?

I won't comment on the rest of your diatribe because comparing 2017 to Jim Crow era South is laughable on so many levels. Atlanta is a diverse city.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:37 AM

Well at least Chiatldal is smarter than a 5 year old. Glad to see the racism toned down. Thats progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta