Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 07:36 AM

78 posts, read 81,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Vol View Post
If you can make the cost work, City of Decatur fits all of your requested needs. We just relocated to Atlanta from Huntington Beach & it's a great community. The best schools, restaurants, bars, and proximity to everything in Atlanta makes Decatur a huge draw for families & professionals. That said, $200k - $300k isn't realistic in Decatur. Just food for thought.
How far is Decatur to Alpharetta in rush hour? The reason I ask is that I work in IT, but the IT jobs are either in ATL or Alpharetta. I would like a median location, and may even consider Decatur depending on how much SFH homes are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 08:38 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Dynamo X View Post
How far is Decatur to Alpharetta in rush hour? The reason I ask is that I work in IT, but the IT jobs are either in ATL or Alpharetta. I would like a median location, and may even consider Decatur depending on how much SFH homes are there.
Decatur is about as far as you can get from Alpharetta. It's also very expensive because of the safety, great schools, and walkable eclectic downtown.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:44 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Decatur is about as far as you can get from Alpharetta. It's also very expensive because of the safety, great schools, and walkable eclectic downtown.
Its not "as far as you can get," but it is a very long commute. Its just difficult to get to the 400 freeway heading to Alpharetta from Decatur. Decatur is pretty convenient if you are going downtown, but going north is a nightmare.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:30 PM

95 posts, read 85,988 times
Quote:
It would be about 45 mins, depending on when you leave. We currently have a regular Dr's appt at 0900 w/ Northside hospital and we make in about 35 minutes from downtown Decatur. There are plenty of surface street routes to get you to 400 N.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:29 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
There are IT jobs all over. The Perimeter area is another big hub.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:29 AM

74 posts, read 148,401 times
O wouldn't discount Henry county. It's still growing like crazy, and construction is everywhere. What is doesn't have now, it will in a year or so. I know a new Costco is in the plans for the new Jodeco road development, among many other new businesses. And with the addition of the new toll lanes, businesses will continue to come here.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:24 AM

761 posts, read 907,795 times
I missed your 200-300k price range. I'd look in Newnan & the Union Grove or Ola areas of Henry County. The Summergrove neighborhood in Newnan should have a lot of options in that price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta