Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 01:16 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,981 times

Advertisements

I have a good friend who gave me this report and it's got me hotter than an Atlanta summer night...
The Acworth City Hall has a sign posted on it that says that city hall will be closed on Friday, April 14th for Spring Day... Yes, you read that correctly, 'Spring Day'...

It's GOOD FRIDAY YOU MORONS!
It's been GOOD FRIDAY since its first inception!

Oh, you don't want to upset anybody by calling it what it is? I'm pretty sure even folks who aren't into God understand that Christians call the Friday before Easter, Good Friday...
Let me guess, you bozo's at the Mayor's office won't call this upcoming Sunday, Easter Sunday either?

Some folks have taken God out of schools... you see what you get.
Some folks have taken God out of their homes... you see what you get.

I called to voice my 'concern' to the City Manager, who happens to be off today.
I was transferred to the Assistant City Manager, and they were on the phone, and would call me back.
That was hours ago, and my phone's not rung...

The enemy sits back and laughs as he counts the number of people who are being added to his regime.
I hope none of you are in his count...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 01:25 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,696,314 times
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Separation of church and state broski. Be glad that it's a day off at all.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:31 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,807 times
Maybe you should find better things to worry about in your free time? I don't understand why practitioners of certain religions believe EVERY other person should also follow that religion. This is the same mentality that leads to crazy people insisting that because they don't like gay marriage, or abortion, that no one else should take part in that either. It's also the same line of thinking that creates religious terrorist type groups - everyone should follow their religion, or else.

Why not just focus on your own relationship with God and ignore everyone else's? If you think some people are taking actions that will lead them to burn in hell one day, then I guess so be it, they'll get what they deserve in the end, right?

Why do the same people who say liberals are special snowflakes who shouldn't get offended over "little things" like which bathroom trans people use usually the first people to clutch their pearls when someone calls Good Friday by a different name. I mean...really? That's what you want to get all fired up about?

Old 04-11-2017, 01:33 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,266,178 times
Your good friend might be sending you a chain email to get you all lathered up. Check this out: Welcome to City of Acworth, GA

Old 04-11-2017, 01:37 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
After all, the Christians appropriated it from the Pagans in the first place. "Easter" is a celebration of the Vernal Equinox and of the fertility goddess Eostre. Eggs? Bunnies? Let the seeds be sown; Friday will be a good day for planting something.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:43 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,267,247 times
America should be a free country of any and all different faiths and lack thereof, with equal respect and consideration to all citizens- not a Christian theocracy. Anything involving government or the public sector should be completely secular, not favoring or disfavoring any particular religious groups, no matter if they're in the numeric majority of the community or not.

Employees of Acworth are getting a day off out of consideration for those many employees that do observe the Christian holiday, while also not explicitly or officially connecting this day off with any particular religious observance, which would exclude those of other faiths and would have them ask why their particular religious special day doesn't get an office closure, and then pretty soon they'd be closed half the year for stuff. So all around it's the exact correct solution and I applaud them.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:44 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,124,067 times
Your friend is a f***ing moron.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:45 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,267,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
Your good friend might be sending you a chain email to get you all lathered up. Check this out: Welcome to City of Acworth, GA
Oops, well never mind my post. I was describing the way it should be, not the way it is in the South.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:53 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,160,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
I have a good friend who gave me this report and it's got me hotter than an Atlanta summer night...
The Acworth City Hall has a sign posted on it that says that city hall will be closed on Friday, April 14th for Spring Day... Yes, you read that correctly, 'Spring Day'...

It's GOOD FRIDAY YOU MORONS!
It's been GOOD FRIDAY since its first inception!

Oh, you don't want to upset anybody by calling it what it is? I'm pretty sure even folks who aren't into God understand that Christians call the Friday before Easter, Good Friday...
Let me guess, you bozo's at the Mayor's office won't call this upcoming Sunday, Easter Sunday either?

Some folks have taken God out of schools... you see what you get.
Some folks have taken God out of their homes... you see what you get.

I called to voice my 'concern' to the City Manager, who happens to be off today.
I was transferred to the Assistant City Manager, and they were on the phone, and would call me back.
That was hours ago, and my phone's not rung...

The enemy sits back and laughs as he counts the number of people who are being added to his regime.
I hope none of you are in his count...
You live in Alabama. Y'all are an hour behind us in time zones and decades behind us in progress.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:12 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,696,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
After all, the Christians appropriated it from the Pagans in the first place. "Easter" is a celebration of the Vernal Equinox and of the fertility goddess Eostre. Eggs? Bunnies? Let the seeds be sown; Friday will be a good day for planting something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLRZ0dIvwHY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: