Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:37 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,807 times

Advertisements

This is even on the front page of CNN national news. This was a chance for MARTA and public transportation to shine in Atlanta, maybe even change the mind of people in the suburbs. With the bridge out, people were trying it for the first time. That's over now. All of their worst fears were just confirmed, likely by some stupid thug angry over nothing important.

But what else can we expect from that part of town? This is why gentrification can be great for the city as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 07:45 PM

290 posts, read 313,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
This is even on the front page of CNN national news. This was a chance for MARTA and public transportation to shine in Atlanta, maybe even change the mind of people in the suburbs. With the bridge out, people were trying it for the first time. That's over now. All of their worst fears were just confirmed, likely by some stupid thug angry over nothing important.

But what else can we expect from that part of town? This is why gentrification can be great for the city as a whole.

Right just like in Midtown where the innocent young Attorney lost her life and the innocent accountant had her throat slashed by some fool who then ran to Myrtle Beach before getting arrested. By the way that made CNN, ABC, Fox and all over the world

Old 04-13-2017, 07:54 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekman243 View Post
Right just like in Midtown where the innocent young Attorney lost her life and the innocent accountant had her throat slashed by some fool who then ran to Myrtle Beach before getting arrested. By the way that made CNN, ABC, Fox and all over the world
Or how about this. A college woman in Kennesaw(where MARTA doesn't go to) gets killed by another woman over her not letting her through the apartment complex gates. How about the mass shooting that took place at an apartment complex in Austell. What happened on MARTA is now happening in some suburbs where MARTA doesn't even go to.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:05 PM

To me the most shocking murder I have read about recently in Atlanta area were those two innocent high school students that were killed in Roswell in a North Atlanta suburb by some "innocent looking guy". I know the parents of those two kids are saying what the hell did we move out here for I thought it was "safe"

Old 04-13-2017, 08:11 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
This isn't Newark, but some of these fools would have you believe so.

Note to all of the cowards that wouldn't espouse this crap to the faces of their neighbors or co-workers: Turn off Channel 2 (it will rot your brain), put your place up for sale and head to Wyoming.

Not only will you get a good price for your property but the real bonus out is there is that everyone is conservative, no mass transit to be found and they're aren't any scary people. Well, with the exception of hungry cowboys and smattering of other transplanted city folk.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
To me the most shocking murder I have read about recently in Atlanta area were those two innocent high school students that were killed in Roswell in a North Atlanta suburb by some "innocent looking guy". I know the parents of those two kids are saying what the hell did we move out here for I thought it was "safe"
It is safe. Those poor kids were murdered by a nearby neighbor that is deranged. Sadly, that sort of thing can also happen anywhere.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
It is safe. Those poor kids were murdered by a nearby neighbor that is deranged. Sadly, that sort of thing can also happen anywhere.
Well as Forhall so eloquently stated this was on CNN,tell that to the parents of the victims about how safe it is. Matter of fact ask the two innocent kids about the deranged thug that ended their short lives

Old 04-13-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Well as Forhall so eloquently stated this was on CNN,tell that to the parents of the victims about how safe it is. Matter of fact ask the two innocent kids about the deranged thug that ended their short lives
Not only was it on CNN, it was on every other network - in Primetime, for several nights.

It was very sad, and very random.

What exactly is your agenda here?

Old 04-13-2017, 08:31 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,696,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
tell that to the family that lost someone today because of a murder at a MARTA station. They aren't going to agree with you. You are essentially saying murders at a MARTA station don't matter because it is 'safe'. Well recent history tells us MARTA is far from safe. This is becoming a disturbing trend within the last year.
Of course I wouldn't tell them that, but that's because I have enough tact and grace to not try and use their family's tragedy to push a petty political agenda. Especially not one that is as baseless and unsupported in data as you are doing right now.

The data shows MARTA to be the second most safe transit agency in the country. It has a crime rate lower than much of the metro, including plenty of places one would expect to be pristine, crime-free havens.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:34 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,262,014 times
I worry more about people who get excited about crime that fits their political beliefs than I worry about the small chance of crime on MARTA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta