Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 06:35 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times

Advertisements

Well, apparently both times I have emailed every member of Atlanta City Council the messages have gone to a spam folder.

I requested that someone confirm they received the emails on my 2nd try and got nothing.

So today I spent $100 dollars printing color photos and the original email and mailed copies to every member.

After all the work and time I've put into trying to prod this city to get its act together...

I'm not going to be satisfied until I'm certain my complaints are right in front of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 07:02 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
SPEAK UP FOLKS!

Oh and Public Works has NOT REPLIED to my huge list as they said they would 3 WEEKS AGO!

I think I'm going to make another visit to their offices.
Keep up the good work, architect77!

One thing you might consider is attending the City Utilities Committee meeting at 11:30 am on September 12.

They are in Committee Room 1 of the City Hall Annex at 55 Trinity Ave.

The chair is Alex Wan and he is an extremely nice and able person. I'd email him and tell him you'd like to be heard during the public comment section. Then arrive early and be sure you fill out a blue card to let them know you are present and intend to speak.

I'd also make a point to meet Santana Kempson-Wright and Angela Campbell, and make sure they are copied in on all your correspondence. A lot of times these aides can help you bring an issue to the forefront.

Atlanta City Council, GA : City Utilities

And of course don't forget to bring your NPU to bear on the problem. They can often help elevate your concerns and move them through channels.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Keep up the good work, architect77!

One thing you might consider is attending the City Utilities Committee meeting at 11:30 am on September 12.

They are in Committee Room 1 of the City Hall Annex at 55 Trinity Ave.

The chair is Alex Wan and he is an extremely nice and able person. I'd email him and tell him you'd like to be heard during the public comment section. Then arrive early and be sure you fill out a blue card to let them know you are present and intend to speak.

I'd also make a point to meet Santana Kempson-Wright and Angela Campbell, and make sure they are copied in on all your correspondence. A lot of times these aides can help you bring an issue to the forefront.

Atlanta City Council, GA : City Utilities

And of course don't forget to bring your NPU to bear on the problem. They can often help elevate your concerns and move them through channels.
Thanks for the info.

Latest accomplishment:

After my complaint to USPS, the post office on West Peachtree North of 10th St. has mowed their grass (3 ft. tall weeds) for the first time in 2017!

How on God's green earth could the manager arrive at that place every day all summer and not address the 3 ft. high grass?

The post office on Pharr Rd. also went unmowed all summer last year.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:34 PM

Remember the story about the GDOT official getting the $150,000 a year raise to bring his salary to $350,000 per year?

Well, I emailed him with my separate list for state maintained roads such as Ponce De Leon Ave which has been completely ignored for 30 years and all of the trash on they highway.

He asked District 7 head to email me with responses to my complaints.

They sent photos of large piles of debris removed from highways which was nice though I'm mostly concerned with the tons that are on the shoulders and shrubs.

I thanked them for the reply and tried to express excitement that something was being done.

Every little bit helps, and I want to show gratitude when my requests are taken seriously.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:57 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
Remember the story about the GDOT official getting the $150,000 a year raise to bring his salary to $350,000 per year?

Well, I emailed him with my separate list for state maintained roads such as Ponce De Leon Ave which has been completely ignored for 30 years and all of the trash on they highway.

He asked District 7 head to email me with responses to my complaints.

They sent photos of large piles of debris removed from highways which was nice though I'm mostly concerned with the tons that are on the shoulders and shrubs.

I thanked them for the reply and tried to express excitement that something was being done.

Every little bit helps, and I want to show gratitude when my requests are taken seriously.
Didn't Ponce just get resurfaced, re-stripped with a center turn lane and bike lanes?

Old 09-05-2017, 07:29 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Didn't Ponce just get resurfaced, re-stripped with a center turn lane and bike lanes?
He may be thinking about the trash and debris and uncut grass along the sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta