Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 09:32 AM

11 posts, read 13,243 times

Advertisements

I am planning to take up a job in Dunwoody later this month. I am tentatively thinking of renting an apartment / condo in Roswell / Dunwoody / Sandy Springs. If I find a good apartment community in Dunwoody, I may end up walking to/from work every day. However, if I end up choosing an apartment community in Sandy Springs or Roswell, I may have to drive to/from work. In such a scenario, I want to know how much time I should expect to spend in the car. Will it take me more than 30 min in rush hour traffic? I've heard some nightmare stories about traffic on 400 & I-285, but I don't know how much it impacts my commute from Sandy Springs or Roswell.

The other question I have is about safety in those areas (Dunwoody, Roswell, Sandy Springs). Are those areas safe for jogging / walking during daylight hours? Are there decent sidewalks and/or parks/jogging trails in the vicinity?

Thank you in advance for any tips/pointers on this topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 12:07 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrpxz View Post
I am planning to take up a job in Dunwoody later this month. I am tentatively thinking of renting an apartment / condo in Roswell / Dunwoody / Sandy Springs. If I find a good apartment community in Dunwoody, I may end up walking to/from work every day. However, if I end up choosing an apartment community in Sandy Springs or Roswell, I may have to drive to/from work. In such a scenario, I want to know how much time I should expect to spend in the car. Will it take me more than 30 min in rush hour traffic? I've heard some nightmare stories about traffic on 400 & I-285, but I don't know how much it impacts my commute from Sandy Springs or Roswell.

The other question I have is about safety in those areas (Dunwoody, Roswell, Sandy Springs). Are those areas safe for jogging / walking during daylight hours? Are there decent sidewalks and/or parks/jogging trails in the vicinity?

Thank you in advance for any tips/pointers on this topic.
Rent an apartment close to your office and walk. It's worth the extra money. Perimeter Center offers good amenities and MARTA station for quick trips to Atlanta.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:18 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,927 times
Quote:
The other question I have is about safety in those areas (Dunwoody, Roswell, Sandy Springs). Are those areas safe for jogging / walking during daylight hours? Are there decent sidewalks and/or parks/jogging trails in the vicinity?.
Sandy Springs (inside the perimeter) has tons of sidewalks. You can walk/run for miles on roads such as Mt. Vernon, Heards Ferry, Mt. Paran... You are also close to the Cochran Shoals parking for the Chattahoochee River walking trails.

But..... try your hardest to get an apartment as close to your work as possible. You will thank me for it!

Old 04-18-2017, 01:28 PM

Thank you very much, cqholt/pinetreelover. Your tips are much appreciated. I have appointments to view apartments in the vicinity of the Perimeter Mall area, so hopefully, it'll be a nice 10-20 min walk to work everyday.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:31 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Thank you very much, cqholt/pinetreelover. Your tips are much appreciated. I have appointments to view apartments in the vicinity of the Perimeter Mall area, so hopefully, it'll be a nice 10-20 min walk to work everyday.
I lived at https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th....3326533?hl=en when I first moved to Atlanta, back then it was a Gables property, but the location is hard to beat.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:39 PM

81 posts, read 92,251 times
I recently moved from Ashford Park to Alpharetta after living there for 3 years. Miss the walking trails and running routines.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:10 PM

46 posts, read 47,189 times
Very safe and joggable. As everyone has mentioned, get as close as possible and then walk to work. There is no where that would require more than a 30 minute drive unless its extreme north/northwest Roswell.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:21 AM

I am glad to hear relatively optimistic opinions of the area, so thanks to Reflux300 & Just Blaze! Looking forward to next week when I can experience Atlanta in person!

Old 04-19-2017, 12:36 PM

306 posts, read 328,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I lived at https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th....3326533?hl=en when I first moved to Atlanta, back then it was a Gables property, but the location is hard to beat.
Lol funny I lived there too about 10 years ago we could've been neighbors! It was a great community back then, imagine it still is, I think they're called the London now or something like that. There are also a bunch of others right in that vicinity by Park Place, which has some cool little restaurants and shops, Café Intermezzo being one of my favorites!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:38 PM

81 posts, read 92,251 times
London has a terrible reputation. Do NOT move there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta