Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,217 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Atlanta and my office is on Powers ferry road. Have two high school going children. Looking for an indian community apartment where in I can find some company(of similar ages) to my children and wife. Weighing averages between Marietta high school, Walton high school, Alpharetta high school. Though commute is hard for me to take an apartment in Alpharetta, wanted to hear from any experienced person's opinion and to help me to make a better choice. Also would require help in listing out the apartments in this region so as to finalize one.
Thanks for your patient reading and for your kind help.

Regards,
LAXMAN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 02:40 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,703,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarlax View Post
I am moving to Atlanta and my office is on Powers ferry road. Have two high school going children. Looking for an indian community apartment where in I can find some company(of similar ages) to my children and wife. Weighing averages between Marietta high school, Walton high school, Alpharetta high school. Though commute is hard for me to take an apartment in Alpharetta, wanted to hear from any experienced person's opinion and to help me to make a better choice. Also would require help in listing out the apartments in this region so as to finalize one.

Regards,
LAXMAN
I don have specific apartments for you only to say that your probability of finding one is much greater in alpharetta

Old 10-03-2018, 04:51 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,315,298 times
citykid is right that apartments are easier to find in Alpharetta, but Alpharetta to Powers Ferry would be a horrible commute. There should be at least some desirable apartments or, perhaps more likely, rental houses or townhomes, in both East Cobb and Marietta. Another option would be to look in the Riverwood school district in Sandy Springs. Plenty of apartments there, and the schools are good.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:47 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,904,112 times
Agreed Alpharetta to Powers Ferry would be a tough commute. You may want to take a look at Sandy Springs.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:25 PM

290 posts, read 369,300 times
Walton High School is the best choice academic wise and the high school has plenty of students of Asian Indian descent however, there aren’t really any apartments in the area. Alpharetta has tons of apartment communities with a lot of Indians. I’m pretty sure Indians make up the majority of the population in some of the apartment complexes.

Alpharetta High and Cambridge High are all good schools (some of the best in the state after Walton and Northview) with a lot of Asian Indian students. The commute is very bad from Alpharetta to Cumberland/Powers Ferry road area. There are plenty of apartment complexes with tons of Indians near the Cumberland area but the high schools there are mediocre.

I highly recommend looking for rental houses or rental townhomes in the Walton High School area. Walton is consistently ranked one of the best high schools in the state and country. Walton has a decent Asian Indian population and very family oriented.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:34 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarlax View Post

Regards,
LAXMAN

Do not look in Alpharetta.

Focus on East Cobb.

You should look at the following schools:

Walton High
Wheeler High
Sprayberry High
Pope High
Lassiter High
(possibly...Kell High)

http://www.cobbk12.org/centraloffice...esMasterHS.pdf

Old 10-08-2018, 10:34 AM

33 posts, read 37,794 times
We just moved from Sandy Springs to Roswell! What you're looking for would definitely be in Sandy Springs near the Perimeter. There are plenty of apartments along Roswell Road as well.

North Springs H.S. is a pretty good school. My oldest went there for 2 years.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:34 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,947,032 times
You have to weigh the importance of a strong Indian community vs a shorter commute. Alpharetta HS is the answer if you can live with the commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta