Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 06:09 AM

1,005 posts, read 736,916 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it's totally disappointing. People are going to see if this rumor mill strategy's actually going to result in anything. I mean, we all hope something happens to UA, don't we? All I can do is hope–bleh. When I go pick up my Warnock yard sign (another bleh) I'll bike through SDA. I haven't been there in a lonnnnnng time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 07:47 AM

9,815 posts, read 8,004,431 times
I've seen recent pics of Hotel Row. The buildings look fantastic returned to their original facades.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:09 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,419,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJayATL View Post
Been there, done that.

Gulch is right - you don't make a neighborhood livable and integrated with the community around it without having the things people need to live.

A bunch of bars and clubs down there was great and all for suburbanites looking to go bar hopping and get wasted, except that lasted for a few years in the 90's, then no one wanted to go down there from the burbs any more.

So now you've got a bar/club district with (basically) one tenant in the reopened Masquerade and otherwise a wasteland, and a reasonable number of folks living downtown in GSU housing, Fairlie Poplar, Auburn Avenue, etc, that all have to get in their cars and drive several miles away to get to a grocery store or a general retailer a la Target/Walmart.

People didn't start moving into Atlanta until it became possible to live in the city without driving 20 minutes to the burbs to shop; that's been the model in every newly popular neighborhood in town over the last few years - downtown's just been left behind.
There is NO ONE that's going to be excited about a damn target down town lol. If that's all they were going to do with it they
should've just left it as it was. That plan is trash. And that's from someone with actual property in the vicinity.

Old 11-30-2020, 02:52 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,910,957 times
They really need public involvement on Underground like they're doing right now with the shared space on Peachtree. It was really too much of a public asset to sell in the first place.

Old 11-30-2020, 06:24 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,152,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
There is NO ONE that's going to be excited about a damn target down town lol. If that's all they were going to do with it they
should've just left it as it was. That plan is trash. And that's from someone with actual property in the vicinity.
Where does it say that Target was the only thing going in there?

Old 11-30-2020, 07:21 AM

1,005 posts, read 736,916 times
Me and my neighbors are excited. People I know immediately south of 20 are excited by the prospect. It means more food options, more retail options rather than OTP or heavily trafficked Targets around the city. Sure, there may be folk disinterested–haven't encountered one yet who actually lives in the city though. And it'd be nice to though, because I'd want to know where else they go.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:09 AM

1,180 posts, read 993,101 times
Quote:
The people who live downtown will be lol.
Downtown needs to be a place to live and not just to visit.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:38 AM

357 posts, read 333,141 times
Quote:
And that's from someone with actual property in the vicinity.
You may have property in the area, but you clearly don't live in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta