Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 05:54 PM

33 posts, read 42,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
The United Futbol Academy Forsyth is a soccer academy/youth league for players ages 3-18 that is based out of a complex of 6 soccer fields at Fowler Park in Cumming not too far from Denmark High School in South Forsyth County. UFA Forsyth is part of a larger academy/youth league that teaches the game of soccer to youth all over Georgia.

UNITED FUTBOL ACADEMY FORSYTH

The Atlanta Sport & Social Club has pickup soccer games for adults all over metro Atlanta.

Atlanta Sport and Social Club offers a variety of co-ed and men's soccer leagues year-round! We play our leagues on top of the line turf and grass at convenient locations throughout Atlanta.
thank you! I'm going to look into these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 05:55 PM

33 posts, read 42,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Just FYI there is no “s” in Cumming. Ironically my NYer father in law, who has lived in GA for over 10 years, also adds the s.

There will be a bit of a cultural shift between NY/NJ and GA, but overall people are people. There are also a LOT of transplants here from the Northeast and elsewhere.

Southern Forsyth is undergoing a huge transformation from a small, rural, white county to a multicultural bedroom community for Alpharetta and 400 Corridor tech companies. So you are bound to get a lot of renters but also there is a ton of new construction going on.

Forsyth also is now the highest average income county in Georgia, and I believe the most educated as well. A big change in the last 20 years.

Come down for a visit, I think you’ll be pleased.

From what I read on internet and conversations I had with people - it seems a lot of people from Tri States NY area moved to Atlanta suburbs for job opportunities, more affordable housing and better life quality.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:37 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,263,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOn08 View Post
From what I read on internet and conversations I had with people - it seems a lot of people from Tri States NY area moved to Atlanta suburbs for job opportunities, more affordable housing and better life quality.
We certainly did.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:19 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,514,605 times
Quote:
Lol.

Saying that it seems a lot of people have moved from the NY-NJ-CT Tri-state area to metro Atlanta may be a slight understatement.

Not unlike other notable Southeastern metropolitan regions south of the Mason-Dixon Line (including Washington, D.C./Northern VA; Hampton Roads, VA; the NC Triangle; Charlotte, NC; coastal SC; Florida; Nashville, TN), the NY-NJ-CT Tri-state area (along with much of the urban Northeast) has been a primary source of population growth for metro Atlanta over the last 75 years or so.

The Midwest (particularly the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley subregions), much of the rest of the Southern U.S., the West Coast, Latin America, Asia, the Caribbean and Africa have also been major (if not primary) sources of population growth for metro Atlanta in recent decades.

Old 01-13-2021, 10:03 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,514,605 times
Quote:
I came across this I believe from Niche.com. I don't know how accurate this is.

So I looked into homes for sale on internet in 30040 and 30041 zip code. I see that they border Alpharetta, Johns Creek and Suwanee. It seems like similar to Milton which I like from reading I did on internet but home price in 30040, 30041 is closer to my budget than Milton. The location seems great as well. I'm going to do some research into the schools in these 2 zipcode.
The Cumming 30040 and Cumming 30041 zip codes would be good places for you to look because they seem to be areas that would be able to provide you with much of what you seem to be looking for.

Quote:
Wonder if any other zipcode within Johns Creek, Suwanee, Sugar Hill that has great schools, less densely populated yet fits my budget?
In Johns Creek, the Chattahoochee High School attendance zone appears to have a few detached single-family homes within your price range, while the Johns Creek HS and Northview HS zones appear to have very little real estate inventory available within your price range in a Johns Creek area that likely may be more heavily developed that you might prefer.

In the Suwanee and Sugar Hill areas, check to see if you might be able to find anything within your budget in the very highly regarded zones for Lambert, North Gwinnett and Peachtree Ridge high schools.

The Lanier HS and Collins Hill HS zones might also be acceptable to you.

And if you are going to search for housing in the Suwanee and Sugar Hill areas, then you likely should also search for housing in the attendance zone of the highly touted and excellent small Buford City Schools system, which is independent of the large GCPS (Gwinnett County Public Schools) system.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:25 AM

161 posts, read 405,705 times
Hello DreamOnO8,

Based on your criteria, the areas that you have chosen are really good matches. My family has lived in Johns Creek for 10 years. I can verify that your chosen areas have similar demographics and price points with Sugar Hill being the least expensive but furthest out. All are family friendly, inclusive with moderate political views! The schools in Johns Creek have the best reputation. All three of my kids have been very happy with their schools. The vibe is 'come as you are' with a reputation for being less cliquey and very welcoming for all types of kids/families (Abbotts Hill, Taylor RD, Chattahoochee)! You could also take a look around zip codes 30040 and 30041, South Forsyth, which have a more country feel but most of the homes have been built in the past ten years. Additionally the parks and recreation, trails, and schools are all excellent. The residents lean more conservative but there is a strong mix of South Asians who are also moving there. Overall, you cannot really go wrong in any of these places.

one more thing, not everybody is soo religious anymore, so it's really not a big deal. this is coming from an agnostic

Last edited by atlanta28; 01-20-2021 at 08:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta