Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2023, 06:19 PM

337 posts, read 298,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Keep in mind that GA, unlike MN, allows you to back out of a home purchase during due diligence for ANY reason, even simply that you don't like the property. In MN, you can typically only back of an offer if inspection fails.

I say that because you can have your realtor tour a house long distance, if you like put in an offer, then fly down to inspection. If you end up just not liking the house for any reason, no love lost. We had to do as much when we bought given the competition. Just nice to know. I mean, I wouldn't make a habit of offering on 10 houses just to see what you like, but you get the point.
Thanks for reminding me about this. Last year our realtor mentioned this. It has been more than a year so I forgot about this. So we will make an offer after the virtual tour and fly in for the inspection. Unlike last year we will not have to waive inspection contingencies this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2023, 10:40 AM

271 posts, read 301,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticiam View Post
Thanks for reminding me about this. Last year our realtor mentioned this. It has been more than a year so I forgot about this. So we will make an offer after the virtual tour and fly in for the inspection. Unlike last year we will not have to waive inspection contingencies this year.
We did something similar in May of 21 during the pandemic. We were in California and had a realtor show us homes via FaceTime. We made an offer and i came in for closing to sign papers.

The market was insane back then. I think the home we’re in received 8 offers (one all cash) in 2.5 days.

Regarding hotels etc., I stayed in Alpharetta off of Windward parkway and the GA400 a couple of times to scope things out. It was a good central location because you can reach Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Cumming etc quickly. I highly recommend the Avalon and downtown Alpharetta to eat/ hang out. Also, don’t forget that there are Airbnb cabins not that far in the mountains north of Alpharetta. There are nice wineries with great views as others have mentioned some waterfalls.

I’d highly suggest also checking out lake Lanier and renting a boat for a day when it’s warm. It’s really fun. There is also a great wolf lodge in LaGrange about 2 hours from Alpharetta that I’m sure your kids would like. You’re never too old for waterparks!

Good luck!

Old 02-07-2023, 01:40 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,320 times
Stay at the hotel that is at the Avalon development. No real resort in that area that I can think of.

Old 03-08-2023, 02:20 PM

Default Feedback about this home in Cumming

Is this a good community(Traditions) and location inside Cumming?
I am familiar with Windermere, 3 Chimneys but never came across a home in the Traditions community.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/4465-Al...6483513_zpid/?

Is Atlanta Hwy busy and should we be concerned about the road noise from the Highway?

Appreciate your feedback about this home.

Found this about the Traditions community https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/cumming-ga/traditions
builder is The Providence group.

Thanks

Old 03-08-2023, 03:48 PM

25,710 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Total ripoff..run away as fast as you can.

Old 03-08-2023, 05:14 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,944,452 times
Yes, Atlanta Hwy is busy, but that isn't what sticks out for me. $9600 a year in HOA dues? Insane, especially for a home with a pool. The house is nice, but nothing about it appears to warrant doubling in price in 4 years. The 2 car garage is a minus also. There are many nice neighborhoods you can buy into at your price point, keep looking, and good luck.

Old 03-08-2023, 05:23 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,487,661 times
Quote:
I am familiar with Windermere, 3 Chimneys but never came across a home in the Traditions community.

Is Atlanta Hwy busy and should we be concerned about the road noise from the Highway?

Found this about the Traditions community https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/cumming-ga/traditions

Thanks
While the listing you linked to on Zillow says that the home is a 6-bedroom, 6-bathroom, 6449 square foot house that currently is selling for $1.25 million, some other home search websites say that the home is a 5-bedroom, 5-bathroom, 4343 square foot house that last sold for $595,000 in December of 2019 and is not currently for sale.

The home also is not currently listed for sale on the Georgia MLS website.

Otherwise, as a two-lane state-maintained route that handles much more traffic than it was built to handle, Atlanta Highway (Georgia State Route 9) can get really congested during morning and afternoon/evening rush hours, especially when the schools are in session.

But highway noise should not be a concern because there is at least about a 400-foot wooded buffer between GA-9 Atlanta Highway and the location of the home you linked to on Zillow.

Old 03-08-2023, 07:04 PM

217 posts, read 217,245 times
Quote:

Thanks
Traditions is a newer neighborhood... the last phase of construction wrapped up about 2 years ago, I think.

Yes, Atlanta Highway can get very congested during rush hour (and sometimes outside of rush hour, such as when there's a crash on Highway 400). Forsyth County/GDOT have long-term plans to widen that part of Atlanta Highway to 4 lanes. Either way, you would be dealing with traffic, road construction, or both through the end of the decade.

You should not worry about road noise... there's a nice buffer of trees between that house and the road.

I might not go as far as beach43ofus' assessment of "total ripoff"... but I do feel that this particular house is not a good value at that price.

I will say that the location is excellent, as far as Forsyth County goes and as far as Atlanta suburbs go. Traditions is walkable to both the Big Creek Greenway and Fowler Park (Forsyth County's flagship park and one of the best parks in Metro Atlanta, IMO); one could bike from Traditions down to Halcyon via the Big Creek Greenway (I understand that nobody in Forsyth County wants to or needs to do this though). Additionally, Traditions is only 5 minutes from The Collection (shopping/dining). Finally, Traditions is quite close to Highway 400, which makes traveling to Alpharetta/Atlanta relatively straightforward.

Old 03-08-2023, 07:31 PM

I found that this home was 250K more expensive than any other home sold even at the height of the crazy real estate market last year. It has a 2 car garage which is not great at their price point.
So we will pass on this home and keep on looking.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Old 03-09-2023, 07:30 AM

816 posts, read 994,073 times
For $1.25 mil, you can get a lot nicer with more property/privacy. I'd buy this instead.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...14619042_zpid/

Much more character, mature tress, and privacy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta