Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 12:51 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,033,210 times

Advertisements

Now you have me curious about what I might not be aware of in south Fayetteville. I know next to nothing about the area except that its way too far away from work for me to consider. I did a quick look at demographics and the median income is on par with that of Duluth, GA with a population similar to that of Suwannee. Schools are mostly decent. Interesting. Did the big studio bring most of the development to this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 03:19 PM

166 posts, read 171,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax1 View Post
I just moved here, and about to tell everyone we full.
Bahahhaha SAME.

Old 01-10-2024, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Now you have me curious about what I might not be aware of in south Fayetteville. I know next to nothing about the area except that its way too far away from work for me to consider. I did a quick look at demographics and the median income is on par with that of Duluth, GA with a population similar to that of Suwannee. Schools are mostly decent. Interesting. Did the big studio bring most of the development to this area?
So we landed in Brooks, but the south of Fayette county, including south of Fayetteville, Woolsey, Brooks, and parts of southern PTC actually have excellent schools (Starrs Mill and Whitewater school zones). Beautiful homes, big lots, and a wonderful community. Senoia and PTC are quick drives as is Fayetteville. Quiet. Spread out. Some would say rural. But it's beautiful down here, and peaceful.

The studios are def a big draw but idk if the studios brought ppl that would be looking in South Fayette, however with time I imagine it's inevitable.

Old 01-10-2024, 04:20 PM

68 posts, read 25,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazaza View Post
So we landed in Brooks, but the south of Fayette county, including south of Fayetteville, Woolsey, Brooks, and parts of southern PTC actually have excellent schools (Starrs Mill and Whitewater school zones). Beautiful homes, big lots, and a wonderful community. Senoia and PTC are quick drives as is Fayetteville. Quiet. Spread out. Some would say rural. But it's beautiful down here, and peaceful.

The studios are def a big draw but idk if the studios brought ppl that would be looking in South Fayette, however with time I imagine it's inevitable.
Oh wow, didn't realize you bought in brooks. Nice area, definitely rural. A bit of a drive up to Atlanta, no? Congrats !

Old 01-10-2024, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Oh wow, didn't realize you bought in brooks. Nice area, definitely rural. A bit of a drive up to Atlanta, no? Congrats !
definitely a bit rural, but were in a small HOA so it feels less isolated.
Def a drive into ATL (an hour 15 to buckhead) but i'm fully remote and my husband goes in 2x a week and doesnt care cuz its still less than his NYC commute and hes happy to tradeoff commute for land and house. also its a much easier drive if he were to do it direct (instead of parking at MARTA and taking train from college park) than if he was to attempt the same distance from the north.

thank you yamvmax! we are only 10-15 minutes to senoia and will likely do all the shopping and groceries there! i may bump into you at the publix or the kroger!!!

Last edited by mamazaza; 01-10-2024 at 04:54 PM..

Old 01-10-2024, 08:51 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,923,077 times
Quote:
definitely a bit rural, but were in a small HOA so it feels less isolated.
Def a drive into ATL (an hour 15 to buckhead) but i'm fully remote and my husband goes in 2x a week and doesnt care cuz its still less than his NYC commute and hes happy to tradeoff commute for land and house. also its a much easier drive if he were to do it direct (instead of parking at MARTA and taking train from college park) than if he was to attempt the same distance from the north.

thank you yamvmax! we are only 10-15 minutes to senoia and will likely do all the shopping and groceries there! i may bump into you at the publix or the kroger!!!
Congrats, mamazaza! Here's to you and your families move and new home. Welcome.

Old 01-11-2024, 05:17 AM

68 posts, read 25,533 times
Quote:
Thank you yamvmax! we are only 10-15 minutes to senoia and will likely do all the shopping and groceries there! i may bump into you at the publix or the kroger!!!
We will be spending plenty of time on Main Street spending $ on the local merchants. And trying to give business to as many of the smaller businesses as we can. Obviously we will have to go the Publix, as they have a lot more variety. Is PTC/Senoia the closest for a supermarket for Brooks? That's a trip! Although driving 15 mins around here, is like a 1 mile trip up north with all the traffic. Takes the same time.

Old 01-11-2024, 12:49 PM

Quote:
We will be spending plenty of time on Main Street spending $ on the local merchants. And trying to give business to as many of the smaller businesses as we can. Obviously we will have to go the Publix, as they have a lot more variety. Is PTC/Senoia the closest for a supermarket for Brooks? That's a trip! Although driving 15 mins around here, is like a 1 mile trip up north with all the traffic. Takes the same time.
Awesome! We are big fans of shopping local and we're lucky there are so many great local merchants.

From where we are in Brooks, the senoia Publix is only 8 minutes!

And yes, 10-15 minutes is absolutely nbd for us, we're already doing the same (or more) and fighting insane traffic and congestion, so happy about our local driving times in Fayette.

My friend lives a mile from her school in alpharetta and if they miss the bus she has to drive them, which can take 30-40min-- for a MILE!

Old 01-11-2024, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Congrats, mamazaza! Here's to you and your families move and new home. Welcome.
I appreciate it so much, thank you and everyone for helping us make this decision. It is absolutely crazy to think about how it sounds out loud if I was to say a bunch of strangers on a public forum gave me the most meaningful insights to help us move but that's facts. The Atlanta forum is full of the best ppl!

Old 01-11-2024, 11:35 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,487,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Quote:

Fayette County had experienced significant development well before the opening of Trilith Studios (formerly Pinewood Atlanta Studios) in 2013.

Overall it has been Fayette County’s relative very close distance as an outer-suburban/exurban community to the world’s busiest airport (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport) that has been responsible for the county’s development and transition from a completely rural working-class community to a more affluent outer-suburban/exurban community.

It was the relatively very close proximity of Fayette County to the world’s busiest airport that attracted Trilith Studios to the area in the early 2010’s.

And it was the relatively very close proximity to the Atlanta Airport that originally attracted exurban and suburban development to Fayette County early-on in the form of the development of a planned suburban/exurban community like Peachtree City starting around about 1960 or so.

The opening of Pinewood Atlanta Studios (now Trilith Studios) in 2013 didn’t bring most of the development to Fayette County.

But the opening of Pinewood Atlanta Studios did help to spark a revitalization of growth and renewed outside interest in a Fayette County jurisdiction that in the early 2010’s was experiencing significantly slowed growth and an extremely slow recovery in the aftermath of a severe economic downturn during the 2007-2009 Great Recession.

Before the late 2000’s Great Recession and the subsequent extremely slow recovery that extended until the opening of Pinewood Atlanta Studios in 2013, a significant driver of growth in the county was from the movement of higher-paid Atlanta Airport and airline employees into the county.

Peachtree City with its planned layout and high-quality outdoor amenities particularly was a draw for well-paid ATL Airport and airline employees. But the severe financial challenges experienced by the airline industry during the Great Recession and the subsequent slow recovery made growth slow to a trickle in Fayette County from 2007-2013.

After Pinewood Atlanta Studios opened in 2013, Fayette County seemed to attract a noticeably more diverse group of newcomers than it ever had before that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta