Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2024, 03:59 PM

5 posts, read 2,347 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts regarding Woodward vs Trinity vs Heards Ferry Elementary (1st grade)? Are the academics rigorous at WA for 1 - 2 grades? Would HFE suffice then apply to the Big 3 after grade 5? Most, if not all, of the privates have the same math curriculum but I suspect the quality of private schools in ATL is contingent quality of teachers, parent community, and available resources. Am I wrong? And the thought that you need to have a connection to get into Pace, Westminster, or Lovett is ridiculous. But ATL is classist and very segregated so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised by sentiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 04:21 PM

53 posts, read 87,097 times
If you want to go to one of the top privates later and money isn’t an issue, then I would suggest Trinity which is a feeder school to Westminster, Lovett and Pace. Otherwise I’d stick with Heards Ferry until middle, given the commute to Woodward.

Old 04-08-2024, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 850 times
Trinity is a great elementary school for kids. It invests all of its money to provide a great environment and resources only for PreK - 6. You can see many families with Westminster and Lovett legacy actually send their younger kids to Trinity first and then smoothly get into Westminster and Lovett for middle school. That's why Trinity is a feeder school for Westminster and Lovett. Roughly 80% of Trinity kids get into Westminster, Lovett, and Pace for their 5, 6, 7 grades. The curriculum is solid and kids are happy learners at Trinity.

Woodward provides a lot of resources for its students especially kids with learning disabilities. They are able to accommodate them. The curriculum is solid as well. It's just for younger kids it's too much to commute to Woodward from Sandy Springs.

HFE is a good public school and also considered as one of the four public feeder schools (Jackson, Morris Brandon, Sarah Smith) to the Big 3.

If I were you and the ultimate goal is sending my kid to one of the Big 3 schools, Trinity is apparently the number 1 choice. Number 2 choice will be HFE. Save some money, close to home, and still have a good chance to get into a good middle school after few years.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:49 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
The OP is probably referring to Woodward North in Johns Creek. Woodward has 2 separate elementary schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: