Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:40 AM

4 posts, read 5,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martarider View Post
In that case, avoid Dunwoody at all costs.

I think you can do very well in Decatur at ~ 700k as others have suggested. But I would still look at historic Brookhaven, with that price range you can find some nice renovated homes with character and class and right in the zip 30319.
I thought Dunwoody had many transplants from other regions of the US, so it would be open to new people from other places, similar to Roswell and Alpharetta areas in this respect. We've lived here for almost 20 years, and I didn't know Dunwoody had such a bad reputation as being unfriendly. Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 04:52 PM

401 posts, read 1,733,159 times
Yeah, I like Dunwoody too! I know some very nice folks up there. It's not as small town in feel or as walkable as a place like Decatur, but IMO, it's worth a look to see what you think. It has some great schools and there are a lot of kids. It's more suburban in feel while Decatur is more urban so one may appeal to you more on that level. If we didn't live in Decatur, we'd live in Dunwoody for sure. The property taxes are lower out there too.

I'm not sure what the commute would be like from Dunwoody to Brookhaven. It's not too far, but I know that the top end of the Permimeter (I-285) can get nasty traffic sometimes. I'll let someone with more knowledge chime in on that b/c I really don't know for sure.

Dunwoody schools that you might like include Chesnut, Vanderlyn, Austin, and Kingsley Elementaries, Peachtree Middle School and Dunwoody High School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta