Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 AM

38 posts, read 144,057 times

Advertisements

Hi all, new member here.

I recently moved from Calif and I work at Emory. I'm interested in purchasing a townhome here in ATL.

My questions are:

1. So far I'm interested in One River Place (Halter) in Sandy Springs on Powers Ferry along side I-285. I like it because the quality of the hosue is nice and it is in a gated community. Cons-noise from the freeway. What will the commute to work be like in the morning and what is the best way to get to Emory?

2. I'm also interested in Overlook at Lenox (Pulte). Is living on Lenox Rd safe? It is obviously close to work and entertainment but the community is without a gate while most other communities on Lenox Rd are. GA 400 is behind the community with Marta near by.

3. Which one would likely to have a better re-sale value in the future?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 03:22 PM

352 posts, read 1,425,400 times
Go with Lenox however both are great. The Sandy Springs one does look well built as I drive by but is too close IMHO to the traffic. Have you checked out the townhomes behind Brookhaven MARTA?

All areas are safe.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:23 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
The are around the Brookhaven station is very hot right now, and would be a great commute for you. The commute from Riverside would be grueling, to say the least.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:11 AM

27 posts, read 97,887 times
the one off of powersferry is a good location. across from riverbend apts.

used to be such a great spot on the river it turned into a club in the 70's. much has changed, still a nice area.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:35 PM

22 posts, read 63,835 times
That new Development in Sandy Springs is GREAT! Great Schools, Great access to everything, GREAT Police, Fire, and EMS services. Pick the Sandy Springs location! Buckhead is good too!

quote=ATL-J;5435323]Hi all, new member here.

I recently moved from Calif and I work at Emory. I'm interested in purchasing a townhome here in ATL.

My questions are:

1. So far I'm interested in One River Place (Halter) in Sandy Springs on Powers Ferry along side I-285. I like it because the quality of the hosue is nice and it is in a gated community. Cons-noise from the freeway. What will the commute to work be like in the morning and what is the best way to get to Emory?

2. I'm also interested in Overlook at Lenox (Pulte). Is living on Lenox Rd safe? It is obviously close to work and entertainment but the community is without a gate while most other communities on Lenox Rd are. GA 400 is behind the community with Marta near by.

3. Which one would likely to have a better re-sale value in the future?

Thanks.[/quote]

Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
One River Place is a great development that is in a good school district (Heards Ferry Elementary, Ridgeview Charter School and Riverwood Highschool). Schools may not be your concern - but it doesn't hurt resale value.

It would be much easier to get to Emory from the Lenox location, but not impossible to get there from Sandy Springs. Marta buses are plentiful and trains wouldn't help much anyway because there isn't a convenient train station walking distance to Emory.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:12 PM

225 posts, read 715,064 times
Be prepared to pay city of atlanta taxes in the lenox location. If you work at emory, have you considered looking in decatur, brookhaven, etc ?

Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
Caution - I just drove past One River Place and realized that it is the development that had some "protesters" out in front last month. There were several people holding up signs in front of the gate that said things like "Don't Buy Here". Please do some more homework - my initial positive comments were more for the general area, but now that I know which development this is, I would be very hesitant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta