Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM

27 posts, read 155,281 times

Advertisements

My mother is looking to move closer to me and my family. She loved the Del Webb at Deaton Creek (which is close to me in Suwanee). However, the prices are MUCH cheaper at Sun City Peachtree. Does anyone know why there is such a price difference on the same exact model ($100,000+ in some cases) when both communities are so similar?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 08:29 PM

6 posts, read 36,757 times
I have been browsing the various Del Webb developments for a long time. I think the difference between Deaton Creek and Peachtree is about supply, demand, location and the stage of the communities development. Deaton Creek is a smaller older community then Peachtree and has many fewer homes available. Peachtree is going to be huge. There is a need to establish the development to make it attractive to the large mass of buyers who will be needed if Del Webb is to sell all available homes as soon as possible. Deaton Creek is much further along as a community and has less need to attract masses of new buyers. As you point out the homes are identical in most cases but builders typically raise prices the closer a development is to build out.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:23 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,897 times
Also, you prices will be higher in the northern burbs of Atlanta vs the southern burbs.
Another note in Braselton is Chateau Elan, which Sun City borders. Homes start at $500,000 to $2+ Million. You have Lake Lanier up the street and the new North Georgia Hospital complex being built right beside Deaton Creek.

I have been to Deaton Creek and it is very, very, nice! It would get my vote. But of course I'm a little bias since I live in the proximity.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 PM

24 posts, read 139,168 times
Does anyone know if Deaton Creek would be a comfortable community for retired singles? Also, is there much diversity there?

Old 01-17-2009, 04:36 AM

8 posts, read 38,187 times
Please do some careful [key word] web research on Del Webb - Pulte homes. There are many unhappy buyers on the web complaining about poor construction, questioning materials used, settling foundations in many of their developments. Do a lot of research on your builder before buying!!

Old 01-17-2009, 11:27 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLtransplant2 View Post
Does anyone know if Deaton Creek would be a comfortable community for retired singles? Also, is there much diversity there?
Deaton has many singles/widowed in the villa's and smaller homes. As far as the other posters statements on construction, sure always check your P's and Q's when purchasing a home with a full certified inspection.
As far as Deaton I have not heard a buyer complain yet. Also, Deaton is diverse as you have folks coming here from all over the country.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 16,384 times
I live in Sun City Pachtree.

The homes are identical to those in Deaton Creek. The main diffeence is the lower cost of land in the Griffin area. This results in lower home prices.

Our home was inspected by a certified home inspector. he found one or two cosmetic issues and one that required about 30 minutes for the HVAC contractor to fix (condensate drain). He said that our home was well built and that it had many features normally found in much larger homes.

There are many singles in the community. They have a lot of their own activities but a readily accepted into everything else going on.

Come spend a few days here and see how you like it.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:31 AM

6 posts, read 24,535 times
Can you even get another builder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta