Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 AM

823 posts, read 2,216,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmaican View Post
I feel bad for the last hold outs in GA....must feel like drowning.
I also appreciate your cheap cost of living that brought me to your state... and will continue to bring people here from all walks of life...and I can't wait until all us non-real americans come and turn the state blue. Unless yall want to put a road block across I-75 then get used to it.

All of the hateful comments on AJC is nothing but fear, and fear is what comes before change so I say keep it up. The faster people in this state realize that the old days are over the easier it will make it for everyone.
Dude, rule number one about the Carefully Constructed Change Plan (CCCP) or as it is better known the Liberal Plan for Electoral Domination is not to mention it! It was a wise person who realized we had a lot of people in the Blue States and if we sent some of them off to Red States not only would we win our original Blue States but we would take the former Red States as well. The West Coast got the Mountain West region and the Northeast got the Southeast. We are working on it. It is a process and will take several election cycles before it is fully implemented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 AM

826 posts, read 3,121,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
So what you're basically saying is, we're all racist b/c we didn't vote for Obama.

Thx!
I haven't read the comments on the AJC, but maybe the poster is referring to some shady comments on the AJC?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:39 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Folks, let's try to keep the politics to those that are GEORGIA/ATLANTA related, else the thread will probably be booted off to the general politics thread.

I'm just sayin'.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:01 AM

90 posts, read 412,653 times
Quote:
So what you're basically saying is, we're all racist b/c we didn't vote for Obama.

Thx!
Sorry Greg this is my last post on this... umm no I never said that. You can vote for Obama and be a racist or not vote for him a be a racist. What I AM referring to are the posts on AJC that say that he's a terroist, and he should be assassinated...and all that. THAT IS FEAR AND HATRED talking.

Change does not have to be racial...fact of the matter is that there are PEOPLE moving to Georgia from all across the world. I know that in West Cobb people were SHOCKED to see so many Obama signs...and that there were white people in my neighborhood who were voting Obama but didn't want to put signs out because they are scared of pissing off their neighbors who are native georgians.

Whether the "southgeorgia" poster likes it or not the demographics of Georgia are changing and will continue to do so. That was my point....but nice try with the racsim comment...

Old 11-05-2008, 12:56 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
Some are saying that GA's race was called to quickly. Up to 2 million early votes have yet to be counted. You think there might be a chance it will flip?

Old 11-05-2008, 01:03 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Some are saying that GA's race was called to quickly. Up to 2 million early votes have yet to be counted. You think there might be a chance it will flip?

Highly unlikely, but I'd probably die laughing if it did.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:15 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,623 times
********** right wing state! I am moving to New England the first chance I get

Old 11-05-2008, 01:22 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,245,859 times
Quote:

Thx!
I want to go on record that I don't think that everyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist. However, there have been some UGLY and HATEFUL comments made, particularly on ajc. It's shameful that there are people like this in my great state. The state that will always have a place in my heart. Yet there is some ugliness in Georgia. Those ugly comments shouldn't be praised.

There are black folks who voted for McCain. There are some who voted for Obama solely because he's black and there are those that did not solely because of race. That's just the truth of the matter.

You voted for McCain. Good for you that was your right as an American. I did not that's my right too.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:53 PM

487 posts, read 1,816,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
I saw that- here is a link
Advance Votes Not Tallied In Fulton, Gwinnett Counties - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
LAB612, thanks for the follow up!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta